Akhil Babukuttan

Whether RTI is applicable for private companies.

Question

Akhil Babukuttan

Hello. I wanted to know whether RTI is applicable for private companies or not. My ISP (Internet Service Provider) is declining from showing me any form of documentation regarding its authenticity and I am worried that I may be victim of a scam. Is there a way I can contact TRAI or DoT to confirm whether my ISP is a legit company?

A quick reply will be appreciated.

3 answers to this question

ambrish.p

Please read: How to get information of private entity under RTI? - Blogs - RTI INDIA- Right to Information

Yes you can file RTI with TRAI for info which is maintained by them or can be obtained by them. TRAI is org. under Central govt. so RTI application has to be as per Central Govt RTI rules.

For RTI Rules , for locating PIO , writing RTI Appl and for submitting RTI Appl see this link :

Guide

FOR help in framing technically correct RTI application (read the attachment/s in the post), please read: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/94205-rti-help-can-we-ask-attestation-documents-provided-govt-office.html#post231006

Regards

Ambrish

Sunil Ahya

Kindly begin all your RTI queries with the phrase "Please provide me with a certified photocopy of documents ....."

For Example:

Description of Information Required:

1. Please provide me a certified photocopy of documents wherein has been noted the permissions granted to ISP XXXX by any of the Public Authorities.

2. Similarly .....