speedoheck

Can I ask for photograph?

Question

speedoheck

When asking for RTI about "name and designation of the officer involved", can I also ask for attested copy of the photograph of the concerned officer?

5 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

If the officer is involved in corruption charges you may ask for photograph, but you will be given only xerox certified copy of photograph. If you want to see photograph, you have to seek inspection and take a snapshot of the photograph if available. If it is other than corruption, it amounts to III party information as it is in between employer and employee, and one can not seek information and in all probability PIO will deny the information. IF you are lucky, you may get the information,if PIO is not well versed with decision and can even use his discretion, take a chance

karira

The PIO will not take anyone's photograph and provide to you.

A photo will only be provided provided it already exists on record with that office.

upendra upadhyay

here is a tricky way to get photo !! If you wants the photograph of a government officer you can ask for the seniority list of that cadre, generally the seniority list contain the photograph of all and is is a "record" as per RTI act's defination.

RAVEENA_O

Seniority list do not contain photographs of the officers. Photograph is a personal information. There seems to be no larger public interest in seeking photograph.

upendra upadhyay
Seniority list do not contain photographs of the officers. Photograph is a personal information. There seems to be no larger public interest in seeking photograph.

I attached Herewith the list of IPS officer of gujarat which contain photograph and all details of the offecer. Thus every cader in Gujarat have list with photograph. I do'nt know about other state, but generally it contains Photo.

IPS_CIVIL_LIST_2013.pdf