How to pursue RTI for settlement of pending payments with IOCL

Bhrashtabhanjan

Question

Bhrashtabhanjan

I am an Engineer by qualification & a Contractor by profession. Till now I have carried out various types of contract works with various departments such as Indian Navy, Coast Guard, Railways, DRDOs, Refineries, IOCL, HPCL etc. with sincere efforts for carrying out works with utmost sincerity, honesty, quality and within given time frame. As I am work centric than avoider so never resorted to pay bribes to these departments and hence was never liked by the corrupt (more than 90% exists in all departments) officials and those were mostly harassing even without any reason. Hence neither opted for repeat work order nor participated for another tender. I mostly preferred to quit these corrupt departments in search of NON CORRUPTS. But till to date I have totally failed to find a single one! Anyway, now I am encountering with IOCL which is proving to be one of the most corrupt! Here after successful completion of Work Order and submitting my bills for final payments, with one or other reasons since last two years these corrupts are either losing submitted bills or even not replying to any email or letter and so I have not been able to get my payments! As I have not got the payments, I have close down my business also and now have to run behind these corrupts for getting payments!! But not yet succeeded. So to bring them at some legal point now I have to resort and opt for RTI. So I request to the forum/volunteers for any help on how to use RTI clause as I am new to this legal channel. I am ready to share my details without any reservation with anybody who desires to help me out in this regard.

1 answer to this question

Prasad GLN

You can jump to RTI, if only if you do not wish to do IOCL as Govt., Officials seek a chance for revenge in the name of quality. So, kindly study the contract agreement within which period they can penalise or take any action on some pretext. Decide for yourself Application is simple.

Application dt....................seeking information under RTI Act filed

Before CPIO, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd................................with

RTI fee of Rs.10/-Indian Postal Order No............drawn in favour of Accounts officer, filed by

Applicant:....................................................

Brief Facts: Pending bills payment of ......................................work.....................at. Work Completed on................................Order No................................Name of Contractor:.....

Information Solicited:

1.Please when the work was completed,

2.Date of inspecting the work

3.Date of filing the claim/Bills.

4.The maximum period that is required normally for settlement of the bill:

5.Total days for delay,

6.Specific reasons for delay

7.Intimations /notices/information given to Contractor so far seeking any clarifications on delayed payment.

8,The name of dept, name of officer, designation and telephone No. where the bill is at present held up.

9.Specific reasons for undue delay

Place

Date...................................Applicant.