PSIC Says: I do not find any reasons why copy of service book, which is official document cannot be provided to the complainant.

sabharwal786

sabharwal786

The Orders of the PSIC are as below:

After hearing both the parties, it emerges that the information for point no.2 has been refused by the respondent as it was 3rd party information and notice was also issued to the 3rd party i.e. Smt. Neelam Rani Clerk and she has refused to supply this information to the complainant. The document being sought by the complainant is a copy of service book of the aforesaid Smt. Neelam Rani, Clerk. I do not find any reasons why copy of service book, which is official document cannot be provided to the complainant. The complainant has stated that he needs copy of service book because he wants to ascertain, if any, punishment was ever awarded to the aforesaid Smt. Neealm Rani, Clerk during her career in discharging her duties. The complainant alleges that the aforesaid clerk has been indulging in corrupt practices while discharging her official duties – so he wants to ascertain if she has been ever awarded any punishment for this. The respondent is directed to provide certified photocopy of the service book of Smt. Neelam Rani, Clerk, office of the Nagar Council, Nabha. The complainant will appear before the E.O. Nagar Council, Nabha on 07.03.2014 at 11.00 AM. The case is closed.

Orders.doc