shows the result of SBI PO exam-Steps to file second appeal

Talib Hussain

Question

Talib Hussain

Hi Team,

First of all thanks for helping me in filing my First Appeal. I asked 7 questions to CPIO and none of the question was answered. So, I asked those questions to First Appellate Authority and got same response, i.e., none of the questions were answered. So, I am going to file second appeal. Kindly help me as I have some doubts.

1) The First Appellate Authority gave an order dated 22-Feb-2014 and the date on the Appeal is 24-Feb-2014. Till which date should I send my second appeal? Also, kindly tell me if filing second appeal is the correct way if one doesn't get proper response from First Appellate Authority?

2) Is Response from First Appellate Authority generally the same as that from CPIO. Is this true as both of them belong to same office?

3) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-HehCULUfL6Q3FoS204bHVDajg/edit?usp=sharing shows the result of SBI PO exam. The same snapshot is also added as an attachment to this thread. The first four papers were optional. This person have been qualified in all of the four objective test. There is a condition in these kind of exams that a person have to qualify in all of the papers ,i.e., they have to score more than the cut-off in every paper. The English paper was a descriptive paper. So, this person have filed an RTI to ask why his paper was not checked and the xerox copies of answer sheets, since he have scored more than the cut-off in all the papers. The CPIO and First Appellate Authority gave answer to none of the question. Kindly tell me if this person is wrong in asking answers to CPIO and First Appellate Authority.

Kindly ask for any clarifications if needed.

Thanks & Regards,

Talib Hussain

c.jpg

4 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

There is no need to wait for any more time, as you will not achieve for final period, within 90 days you can make second appeal. The sooner, the better, as your appeal will be diarized at CIC and get priority.

You can also file special appeal (whether consider or not is immaterial) before IC, seeking priority for hearing this matter, as it is concerned with career of a bright young person.

Please follow CIC-second appeal rules and regulations available in the site. Major points with a format is given enabling you to speed up appeal.

Before,............................................................Chronological Index

Central Information Commission,............................Date of RTI:...................Page No.

August Kranthi Bhavan, Bhikaji Kama Place,.............C.P.I.O. information..........Page No

New Delhi 110066...............................................First Appeal:..................Page No.

.......................................................................FAA Orders.....................Page No.

SECOND APPEAL filed on..........................UNDER RTI ACT

Public Authority: CPIO, State Bank of India............................(full address)

First Appeal Authority.............................

Appellant:.............................................................

Grounds for Appeal: Incomplete, unsatisfactory information.(as stated under in tabulated form of four columns seriatum)

S.L.No .Informtion solicited..............CPIO/FAA replies......Reasons for finding them incomplete

1..................................................CPIO reply.

....................................................FAA Reply.

to 7

........................................................................................................

Verification:

The above facts are true to the best of my knowledge and information.

Prayer: Appellant humbly prays for directing CPIO to provide information as expeditiously as possible, as career of young man is involved in the issue, and prioritise hearing as a special case.

Place

date........................................Appellant.

(Copy of service proof of this appeal to CPIO & FAA pasted on back of this appeal, self attested copies of RTI Application, CPIO information,First Appeal and FAA orders enclosed)

• Moderators
Sunil Ahya

Drafting queries for seeking information is the most skilful part of drafting a RTI application.

You can raise questions and seek answers to the same, but then it has to be done skilfully, whereby information is sought in material form (e.g. documents), so that these queries technically / legally come under the ambit of the definition of information as laid down in section 2(f) of the RTI Act, 2005.

To learn more about it, please refer to the following link:

Drafting Queries for Seeking Information.

• Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O

This candidate is not eligible for evaluation of Descriptive paper (English language). Candidate belongs to SC Category. SC category candidate is requird to obtain minimum 82 marks out of total 200 for first four objective papers, in order to qualify for evaluation of descriptive paper of English Language. Marks obtained by the candidate is (1) reasoning = 18 + data analysis & interpretation = 14 + general awareness etc = 19 + english language = 13 and he secured 78 marks against minimum qualifying marks of 70 for OBJECTIVE TEST.

However, the minimum qualifying marks required for eligiblility for evaluation of descriptive paper - English Language is 82 for SC candidates (please read the 6th box below sr.no.5). The last candidate in SC category called for GD & Interview secured 128 marks out of 250 while ST 116, OBC 137, Genl 151.

The marksheet clearly and unequivocally display the reason for not evaluating the english paper. the minimum qualifying marks in objective papers are fixed at 70 for SC, but minimum qualifying marks for evaluation of objective paper is 82 marks. This is with a broader objective. A candidate may do well in three objective papers, but may obtain less marks in one paper - say english objective, which may be difficult for many candiates coming from language medium. A candidate obtaining 25 + 25 + 25 in all the other 3 objective papers and obtain 10 marks in 4th paper & get qualified by this metho, since his total shal be 85.

Think the reverse, if minimum qualifying mark for each paper is 10, then a candidate need only 40 marks out of 200 to qualify for the 4 papers but what is fixed is 70 marks for reserved categories and 80 for general candidates. If a candidate obtain 30+30+30 in 3 objective papers and secure 8 maks in the 4th one, he shall not quallify even though he secure 98 marks because be has not obtained min qualifying marks in one paper. Thus a reserved candidate must obtain not less than 10 marks in all the objective papers as also minimum 70 marks to qualify for objective papers. Out of the total candidates obtained 70 min marks, further cut off 82 is kept for evaluation of English descriptive paper. Thus, the present candidate could not secure the second cut off level to quaqlify for further evaluation of english descriptive paper.

In the instsant case, the candidate obtained 78 marks for 4 objective papers and qualified in Objctive Papers, but not secured the minimum qualifying marks for eligible for evaluation of Descriptive Paper of English Language.

Decision is very clear and based on public policy. There is no reason to agitate on this issue. Please prepare well and appear for next examiantion to secure higher marks. It is better you attend some class or take help from a quaified teacher on Data Interpretation & analysis, in which you are weak.

Talib Hussain

Thanks G.L.N. Prasad, abhi987 and RAVEENA_O. RAVEENA_O gave the right answer which I wanted, altough there were small mistakes. Thanks for the feedback also. Thank you everybody for your time and answers. You people helped me a lot.