RTI under "Life or Liberty" clause rejected for inaction on complaint of encroachment on road.

MusicalSoul

Question

MusicalSoul

Hello Respected Members,

I had filed a complaint with the Municipal Corporation of my city to remove an illegally built road block/pillar built on an 8 ft. road near my house by a taxi owner. After 15 days of filing of complaint, an employee of Municipal Corporation came and broke the cemented portion of the road block/pillar but left the iron rods fixed in a scattered and dangerous manner. The rods were swinging in air without any support. This could have resulted anytime in a fatal accident so I myself went to meet the Encroachment Officer of the Municipal Corporation and gave a written complaint of the same to him but they did not bother to take any action on the complaint. After 3 days, I filed an R.T.I. application with the Municipal Corporation under the "Life or Liberty" clause to get information on the action taken on my complaint mentioning clearly the grounds for filing the R.T.I. application and how the matter was related with life of persons but the S.P.I.O. of the Municipal Corporation rejected the request for providing information in 48 hours saying that this matter is not related to the "Life or Liberty" clause and that I should have given evidence and proved as to how the information was related to life of persons or as per him- "death". The iron rods are still fixed and swinging.

Kindly guide as to what should be my plea in the First Appeal and is there any decision of an Information Commission on such/similar matter?

Thanks and regards.

4 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Just down load and provide him as to how the Talkotra stadium affair was decided through interference of Kirti Azad by CIC.

MusicalSoul

Please elaborate.

Just down load and provide him as to how the Talkotra stadium affair was decided through interference of Kirti Azad by CIC.
Prasad GLN

Search CIC website or google Life and liberty under RTI ..Keerthi Azad --CIC (as I do not remember case no etc. )