Jump to content



Hi All,


I am a resident of Venkatropet, Secunderabad, Telangana and have been living at this place since my birth. I have recently moved to Canada for working. Last year I went home during my daughters summer break and came across a nuisance that has gripped our colony/ neighbourhood.


Issue - There is a single lady aged 50+, living beside our house, in the past things have been nice and peaceful in our colony. Off late there is a sudden change in her behavior. She has categorically been abusing all the neighbors on a daily basis and at different times, her actions range from foul language to threatening gestures, and sometimes confrontation with us neighbors on the road.


We were utterly helpless on how to deal with this situation and seek expert guidance and in this matter. It has become difficult and embarrassing for us as this lady's behavior is disrupting our lives on day to day basis ( I hear this from my family back home). Attempts in the past were made by neighbors to understand her concern, however all such attempts were thwarted. There is no one who stays in that house apart from her, therefore trying to reason out is not an option. She has a brother, but he seems to have abandoned her and we neighbors are now facing this nuisance. I have other affluent neighbors (lawyer & a retired civil servant) who have just shut themselves up, while the issue is compounding daily there is no direction for the uniqueness of the issue we are facing.


Action taken - In the past I sent an email to (acp_alwal@cyb.appolice.gov.in;dcp_alwal@cyb.appolice.gov.in) the police and have not received an acknowledgement, I dialled 100 and no response was received from the police. I am looking for some direction on how to take this matter up with competent authorities during my next visit home. I do also have the usual apprehensions where I don't want to get too involved in running around police stations, due to the short nature of my break.


Thank you for your help and support in this matter.




K.K. Choudhury

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Prasad GLN

Such things are common in India. Frustration, disappointment, jealousies usually causes such vent. Fortunately you are working in Canada, and not a regular victim. You have got a lawyer your neighbor who is facing such problems as on going basis. Rest of India is not different.

Police can not do anything. Just pity her and ignore the issue.

Though you are in Canada, you have raised this personal/local community issue not connected with RTI, and as per discipline, we are not supposed to respond and close the post as the issue is not related to RTI.

Please consult your neighbors Advocate and retired Civil Servant to take care of your family, as these problems are common in ladies medically due to menopause due to harmone imbalances.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Thank you Sir, I understand all of that but was just looking at guidance and direction. Neverthless, I appreciate your response.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Similar Content

    • Harisrmite
      By Harisrmite
      If we discontinue any course before completion in a private college should we pay the full course fee as demanded by the management? (Is it legally correct for the college to ask full course fee?)
    • Shrawan
      By Shrawan
      RTI exposes 481 transfer requests by mumbai police officials written by MLAs and ministers in just 19 months.
      the Mumbai police commissioner and the Maharashtra director-general of police have received a record 481 written recommendations for transfers from MLAs and ministers in just 19 months.
      From March to September this year, the DGP got 99 recommendations for transfers, of which 30 have come from the chief minister himself. Some of the recommendations have also come from Deputy CM R R Patil.
      This was exposed following queries filed under the Right to Information Act, 2005.
      ecommendations for transfers had in fact come down in 2004, after the joint commissioner of police (administration) issued a strict warning to 71 police officers and 64 constables for trying to use political clout.
      Also, two departmental circulars were issued stating that any violation of the rule 413 rule of the Police Manual would be strictly dealt with.
      Rule 413 states that "government servants are forbidden to approach officials of other departments or non-official people for support and redress. They are liable for disciplinary action if MLAs or non-official persons approach the government on their behalf," the rule says.
      [sourse TOI]
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy