• Super Moderator
karira

SIC no to making service books of 164 officers public

The Madhya Pradesh State Information Commission has quashed the order of first appellate officer in which it was directed topublic information officer to provide free of charge information of service books of 164 officers and employees. Generally, the citizens make second (final) appeal to the Commission against appellate officer and public information officer.

In a rare case, a public information officer lodges second appeal against the appellate officer.The Commission in its hearing by its commissioner Atmadeep accepted the appeal and rejected the order of the first appellate officer. The rejection of the order will lead to a stop on making personal information public of more than 150 officers and employees along with principal of Govt. Kamlaraja Girls PG Autonomous College, Gwalior.

Read More: SIC no to making service books of 164 officers public - Free Press Journal

• Moderators
jps50

This is a rare case where PIO has filed second appeal against FAA and succeeded.

• Super Moderator
karira
This is a rare case where PIO has filed second appeal against FAA and succeeded.

There is one previous instance that i remember in the CIC also.

In my own case, CPIO of CIC did not abide by the order of the FAA of CIC but replied back saying that he did not "understand" the order and also what he was supposed to comply with !

I worte back to him informing his right to file second appeal. But he did not.

Finally I filed a second appeal. Still waiting for a hearing.

• Tell a friend

Love RTI INDIA- Online RTI? Tell a friend!
  • Members

• Prasad GLN
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts