procedure to appeal for commission.

sureshkvl

Question

sureshkvl

PIo didnt gave me information, after my second appeal to his high authority , he also didnt gave me any information .secretory of the ap state information commissioner told me, to file under section 18 as i contacted him on phone and asked to post to Ap state information commission. I sent those copies to ap state information commission.but no reply since from 3 months . ...... Shall i know the procedure to send those copies to ap state information commission... how to file under section 18?... shall i file in court as the pio and his higher authority didnt answer me since 8 months .If yes, in which court i have to file the complaint ?...

3 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Mr.Suresh,

Please see what Hon.Karira has advised members.

Under Sec.18 of RTI Act, Complaint can be filed to SIC directly without going for first appeal. As per SC decision, IC can not order for providing of information to PIO and can only impose penalty and punishment. This procedure is being used only when information is not important but penalty and punishment are prayed and when time frame for appeals as stipulated in RTI Act expires.

One is not certain as to whether IC imposes penalty and recommends for punishment.

Sec.19 Appeal procedure wherein first appeal is a must, and second appeal has to be filed within time frame of 90 days from date of receipt of FAA order or from date of First Appeal. In appeal applicant can pray for providing of information, imposing of penalty, punishment and demand for compensation for loss if any due to non providing of information

So if first appeal is filed, Hon. Karira always advise for Appeals only. Appeals before APIC takes minimum of 18 months to more than 2 years. (reasons may be many but not relevant in this post)

So decide yourself.