Credit card settled but showing due in cibil

j3praveen

Question

j3praveen

Hello,

SIR, i HAVE CLOSED MY CREDIT CARD IN 2003 OF STANDARD CHARTED BANK. BUT TILL NOW THEY UPDATED 11 LAKHS DUE, FOR CREDIT CARD OF 30000/-, WHICH WAS CLOSED AND SETTLED. AFTER REPEATED REMINDERS CIBIL AND STANDARD CHARTED BANK ARE NOT RESPONDING, SO CAN I FILE RTI

12 answers to this question

NO this bank is not a public authority so no rti

Write letter to bank mentioning what you want to say

if don't reply write to chairman of bank still no reply

file complaint with banking ombudsman here

Reserve Bank of India

and then file RTI with banking ombudsman for all paper work received from bank

MANOJ B. PATEL

If this bank is not covered under RTI Act then discuss with a knowledgeable advocate, take his advise and proceed further.

Sent from RTI INDIA Mobile App

Prasad GLN

First collect and preserve demand notices and your payment particulars and the receipt you have obtained.

Issue Regd., notice to concerned Bank Head of Credit card Dept., under CP Act for deficiency of services and for subjecting you to mental harassment without providing details and for spoiling your rating.

Wait for a month, and then file consumer complaint before District Forum. Appear party in person and argue yourself. With less than Rs.500/- expenditure you can not only get proper response, remedy and even compensation of Rs.5 lakhs for bank causing damage to your reputation.

File also a complaint against the Bank with RBI, and after 45 days file RTI Application before RBI seeking information received and such copies of entire correspondence and office notes from RBI.

• Moderators
Sunil Ahya

Step 1: File a written complaint with the Banking Ombudsman, Reserve Bank of India (RBI).

> Make this complaint very brief, precise & point-wise.

> Mail the complaint by Speed / Registered Post, track its delivery status on Indiapost website on internet, and when the status shows delivered, take a print out of the delivery track report and preserve it as a proof of delivery of your complaint to the Banking Ombudsman.

> Please Note: Before making this complaint, kindly go through the point no. 5, 6, 7 as well as other points, given on the webpage on the following link:

> Download a template for making this complaint, from the following link:

> For Addresses of Banking Ombudsman, kindly refer to the following link:

Link:
Banking Ombudsman Addresses.

Step 2:

> Wait for say 30 to 60 days after having mailed (filed / lodged) the complaint with the Banking Ombudsman, and if you do not receive a response by that time, then file a RTI application to seek information on the 'action taken' status on your complaint so filed with the Ombudsman.

> For help on drafting a RTI application for the above purpose, kindly refer to the Blog on the following link:

> Please Note: Enclose a photocopy of the filed Complaint, as well as, a photocopy of the proof of its delivery (i.e. delivery track report), along with such a RTI application.

Prasad GLN

That is Abhi ! Being a Banker, I missed important aspect of "Ombudsman" (It is a different matter that neither Ombudsman nor any banker had a soft corner for credit card defaulters, and most of Ombudsman decisions are pro banks, but channel is open)

koteswararaonerella

Standard Charted bank has a notorious record of TROUBLING THE CREDIT CARD HOLDERS and I have seen a good no.of people crying and fighting with the WATCHMAN(Security guard) near Clock Tower SEcunderabad in front of the bank as he is not allowing anyone to meet any official inside for days.Further NUISANCE is that they will INFORM ALL THE BANKERS that you are a defaulter and asking them NOT TO DEAL WITH YOU. Try to resolve it amicably since these fellows have panel of ADVOCATES and they will fight any no.of complaints/cases which you cannot do singly..

I have followed this method I am hoping that I could get result.

Step 1: File a written complaint with the Banking Ombudsman, Reserve Bank of India (RBI).

> Make this complaint very brief, precise & point-wise.

> Mail the complaint by Speed / Registered Post, track its delivery status on Indiapost website on internet, and when the status shows delivered, take a print out of the delivery track report and preserve it as a proof of delivery of your complaint to the Banking Ombudsman.

> Please Note: Before making this complaint, kindly go through the point no. 5, 6, 7 as well as other points, given on the webpage on the following link:

> Download a template for making this complaint, from the following link:

[ATTACH]11463[/ATTACH]

> For Addresses of Banking Ombudsman, kindly refer to the following link:

Link:
Banking Ombudsman Addresses.

Step 2:

> Wait for say 30 to 60 days after having mailed (filed / lodged) the complaint with the Banking Ombudsman, and if you do not receive a response by that time, then file a RTI application to seek information on the 'action taken' status on your complaint so filed with the Ombudsman.

> For help on drafting a RTI application for the above purpose, kindly refer to the Blog on the following link:

> Please Note: Enclose a photocopy of the filed Complaint, as well as, a photocopy of the proof of its delivery (i.e. delivery track report), along with such a RTI application.

koteswararaonerella

You will definetely get results otherwise they will create lot of NUISANCE besides sending ROWDIES in the garb of COLLECTION AGENTS

• Moderators
Sunil Ahya
I have followed this method I am hoping that I could get result.

"Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish." -- John Quincy Adams.