shantathambudu

Where we need to complaint against corruption?

Question

shantathambudu

After RTI application to the Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation(#NMMC) property department we found #corruption on distribution of staff quarters. Where we need to complaint regarding this matter.

Shall I make complaint to CBI, ACB or local police station?.

MANOJ B. PATEL

You may complain to the Director, Anti corruption Bureau (ACB), Maharashtra State, Mumbai. CBI is specially for to inquire against central govt. organisations/ officers in corruption case.

sharmajee

Also you may submit facts to news channels and newspapers, if matter pertains to public interest....

Prasad GLN

The proper process is to build record and establish facts through their own admissions. This can only be done by seeking information from PIO under RTI Act.

1.Provide laid down norms for allotment of quarters.

2.Please provide a list of occupants and their designations

3Please provide list of occupants who are not employees or who were retired,

4.Please provide a list of employees who applied for quarters and are awaiting for their turn.

5.Please provide a list of employees who received allotment out of turn and reasons for such deviation.

6.Please provide the authority who is vested with discretionary powers of allotment of such quarters

7.Please provide the Authority who is having powers to recommend out of turn allocations.

8.Please provide the name of the official to whom a written complaint can be filed for irregularities.

RAVEENA_O

If you are sure, there is subletting or illegal occupation of staff quarters, please submit a written complaint to the Director, Anti corruption Bureau (ACB), Maharashtra State, Mumbai, as suggested by Mr Patel, if you want to catch and punish the culprits, including occupants and subletters. The ACB shall take action to book the culprits.

If you file RTI etc , it is like kicking over the bee-hive. The real culprits shall escape. However, RTI applications can be filed to show the threats perception and make the authorities of department to act wisely suo moto to vacate the illegal occupants.

Sunil Ahya

File a written complaint to the Head of the concerned Public Authority (make this complaint very brief, precise & point-wise and enclose all the documentary evidence of irregularities)

Mail the complaint by Speed / Registered Post, track its delivery status on internet, and when the status shows delivered, take a print out of the delivery track report, and preserve it as a proof of delivery of your complaint.

Wait for say 15 to 30 days and then file a RTI application to seek information on the 'action taken' status of your complaint, enclose a photocopy of the complaint, as well as its delivery track report along with such a RTI application.

MANOJ B. PATEL

R/ Sharmajee, if we want to book corrupt officials and after complaint made to ACB/CBI, never publish it in news Chanel or in news papers.ACB/CBI starts discreet/ confidential inquiry in it so that the defaulters do not get any chance to destroy evidence against them. Once preliminary inquiry is completed by agency there is no harm to publish it in the interest of public.

Sent from RTI INDIA Mobile App

shantathambudu

Today I went to ACB in Navi Mumbai wing to submit complaint letter with supportive documents’. But the Dy.S.P. refuse to accept my complaint. He said if any trapping to the corruption we will work on it, distributing government quarters ill legally to someone we do not nitrified. You need to give complaint to the administrative department of NMMC.

Before also I have been sent complaint to the NMMC administrative department same has been forwarded to the property department FAA. Action should have been taken against property department FAA, but the complaint letter is laying on the FAA table.

In this case what I need to do to punish those culprits, removing those ill legal occupations from the quarters and the quarters should be given to the right employee.

ACB door has closed, which door should I knock it up to get justices.

Prasad GLN

Several members have suggested alternatives, explore one by one and shoot all, atleast one thing hits the bull's eye.

Sunil Ahya

Please refer to post no. 6 above.

shantathambudu

On 31-07, I have submitted written complaint with all supportive document to GAD of Maharashtra government, and NMMC Administration department let will see who it works.

Sunil Ahya

Wait for say 15 to 30 days, and then you can file a RTI application to seek information on the action taken status of your complaints.

MANOJ B. PATEL

Sir, GAD will not inquire in it and will forward it to ACB with a request to inquire.

Sent from RTI INDIA Mobile App

Prasad GLN

Remember, either ACB is only connected with corruption in general. CVC is concerned only Vigilance angle. All those letters will be sent to dept., Vigilance dept., and you can guess the outcome (Sorry Mr.Manoj, procedure in other states may differ)

The latest and mean tactics is passing on remarks and comments on applicant which are in no way relevant to the issue of providing information and particularly if applicant is in the habit of following up with multiple applications, this is enough to target him and irritate IC.

Hon Dhingra and others may not agree with my view, but the presence of applicant with assistance of great activists like R.k.Jain, Harindra Dhingra and Hon.CJK makes a lot of difference, as Hon ICs take extra care while giving decisions. So to say common applicants are treated with scant respect though their appeals are strong and deserving and ICs always only PIO as they think that RTI work is extra burden to them. More over these PIOS Horward manners, dipolomacy and submissie ness, acting talents of humility impresses IC. If the PIOs are from Village Panchayats and lesser govt., dept.s, their treatment by IC is different and they show all their anger as though ICs are RTI law protectors and championing the cause. Sorry state of affairs.

Prefer personal attendance. Never opt for VC if problem is complicated. Always take one assistant. Appear more confident and dominating in presentation over PIO, these are basic requirements for getting deserving decisions.

koteswararaonerella

This is the PITY.ACB and CBI are the investigating agencies for INVESTIGATING/detecting and taking action against corruption UNDER STATE AND CENTRAL respectively.If the ACB ,DSP says that he will not accept COMPLAINT and he will only trap INNOCENT people but will not receive complaint even if you give supporting documents shows how these CORRUPTION CONTROLLING DEPARTMENTS ARE WORKING.The option left to you is to go to higher officials SP,DIG, DGP of ACB but remember these people at DSP level will bore grudge against you and TRY TO DISTURB YOUR PEACE.Taking all these into consideration you have to move further.

shantathambudu

today i have received replay latter on my letter dated on 31/07/2014 from GAD of maha gover.

should i go through RTI application for action against corruption. or should i go through what letter says.

20140901_192717.jpg

Sunil Ahya

Can you upload your Complaint / RTI application, against which the PIO has given his response ?

shantathambudu
Can you upload your Complaint / RTI application, against which the PIO has given his response ?

here is my complaint letter copy.

GAD.pdf

GAD1.jpg

GAD2.jpg

Sunil Ahya

> The General Administration Department (GAD) of Maharashtra has given you a correct reply.

You have mixed up two subjects which are as follows:

Subject 1. That you have not received the requested information despite your RTI Application to PIO and First Appeal to the First Appellate Authority.

Subject 2: Complaint about overstay at NMMC quarters.

> As far as Subject 1 is concerned, if you have not received required information despite RTI application & First Appeal, then in that case you need file a Second Appeal under section 19(3) with the Maharashtra State Information Commission.

Kindly download Maharashtra Second Appeal form from the following link, modify and adapt it suitably and file a Second Appeal:

> As far as Subject 2 is concerned, it seems that GAD believes that your complaint pertains to the नगर विकास विभाग (Town Planning Department) of Maharashtra, and therefore your complaint has been forwarded to them accordingly.

Now wait for say 15 days and then file a fresh RTI application with the Public Information Officer of the Town Planning Department for seeking information on the action taken status of your complaint letter.

Kindly refer to the following link for help on drafting a RTI application for the purpose:

> Also, kindly refer to the blogs on the following link to learn more:

Flow of a RTI application, once having been filed.

koteswararaonerella

Try to post what exactly was the ADVICE of the GAD of Maha govt. and accordingly the members wiull be able to guide you.

shantathambudu
> The General Administration Department (GAD) of Maharashtra has given you a correct reply.

You have mixed up two subjects which are as follows:

Subject 1. That you have not received the requested information despite your RTI Application to PIO and First Appeal to the First Appellate Authority.

Subject 2: Complaint about overstay at NMMC quarters.

> As far as Subject 1 is concerned, if you have not received required information despite RTI application & First Appeal, then in that case you need file a Second Appeal under section 19(3) with the Maharashtra State Information Commission.

Kindly download Maharashtra Second Appeal form from the following link, modify and adapt it suitably and file a Second Appeal:

> As far as Subject 2 is concerned, it seems that GAD believes that your complaint pertains to the नगर विकास विभाग (Town Planning Department) of Maharashtra, and therefore your complaint has been forwarded to them accordingly.

Now wait for say 15 days and then file a fresh RTI application with the Public Information Officer of the Town Planning Department for seeking information on the action taken status of your complaint letter.

Kindly refer to the following link for help on drafting a RTI application for the purpose:

> Also, kindly refer to the blogs on the following link to learn more:

Flow of a RTI application, once having been filed.

dear members

kindly guide me how to frame RTI question to नगर विकास विभाग(Town Planning Department) of Maharashtra

koteswararaonerella

Our Moderator ji has given you the LINK AS TO HOW TO DRAFT your RTI application (4ht LINE FROM bottom) and follow it and file RTI Application and if asny problem is there you can post your RTI APPL;ICATION for vetting by senior members.

shantathambudu

yesterday we met PIO and FAA, they said that the driver employee who is staying in the staff quarters illegally has submitted his threaten complaint letter which he was mentioned that if anybody trying to evacuate by the quarters and trying to remove my house vessels I will commete suside. The PIO and FAA threatening us if he commite suside the police will catch you and us. situation shows that the driver,PIO and FAA threatening me which is pre plane.

in this situation what should I do?.

should I complaint to the police or SIC (the case is already pending with SIC since 10 months.)

Sunil Ahya

You may file an Addendum to your already filed appeal / complaint before the SIC and thereby bring these new facts & circumstances to the notice of the SIC.

Addendum means add this new submission to the already filed appeal / complaint.

shantathambudu

after first appeal i did not receive replay from FAA, after 3 months i had submitted my second appeal to SIC and also i had sent second appeal copy to PIO,FAA. later i had received FAA replay then i have submitted my second appeal addendum to SIC.

Again is it possible to submit second addendum?.

kindly help me to draft addendum of complaint before SIC.

Prasad GLN

First Appellate Authority can only issue orders. If the PIO has provided information, there is meaning in filing second addendum.

For complaint the only thing to be established is whether relevant, correct, and complete information was provided by PIO within statutory stipulated period or not.

The threats of suicide and all these kind of black mailing tactics have become common now. SImply because some one has threatened to commit suicide, authorities can not remain silent ignoring their duties and responsibilities. However, it is always better to record what PIO and FAA has stated reducing the same in writing about the discussions and talks.