Transfer of RTI Application to multiple Public Authoroties u/s 6(3)

ManmohanSingh

Question

ManmohanSingh

Hello,

Greetings of the day ,

I have applied for Information to Department of Women and Child Development as I have made a complaint to same department . But now when I want to know the status of my complaint they are stating that " The matter pertains to State Government of U.P. and Ministry of Home Govt. of India. The applicant is advised to contact them." There was a Shailesh Gandhi's order in which he have very precisely said that as per section 6 (3) the RTI application to be transferred to multiple authorities.

6 answers to this question

MANOJ B. PATEL

section 6(3) requires the transfer of application to the concerned PA, not simply advise to the applicant to make a fresh application to that other authority.The application itself was required to be transferred under the law.(Mahendra Gaur v. President's secretariat.CIC/WB/C/2006/67)

Prasad GLN

If the information pertains to multiple authorities, applicant has to file RTI Applications to those authorities himself and PIO is not bound to seek information from those multiple authorities, consolidate and provide it to applicant. Applicant can ask information that is available with that public authority alone and he is not bound to transfer to multiple authorities. For more particulars, kindly go through RTI India New letter focusing on such issue.

• Moderators
jps50

If it is Ministry of Women and Child Development, Govt of India, then CPIO should have transferred to Home Ministry. There is no provision for transfer of RTI application from central govt to state govts or vice versa or even one state to another state. You have to file separate RTI with concerned State. Now instead of first appeal, file RTI with Home Ministry. You can efile also.

ManmohanSingh
If it is Ministry of Women and Child Development, Govt of India, then CPIO should have transferred to Home Ministry. There is no provision for transfer of RTI application from central govt to state govts or vice versa or even one state to another state. You have to file separate RTI with concerned State. Now instead of first appeal, file RTI with Home Ministry. You can efile also.

I got the decision - Decision No. CIC/SM/A/2011/000278/SG/12906 Appeal No. CIC/SM/A/2011/000278/SG I even uploaded the order.

Transfer under Sec 6(3) can be to multiple PAs (1).pdf

ManmohanSingh

thanks

If the information pertains to multiple authorities, applicant has to file RTI Applications to those authorities himself and PIO is not bound to seek information from those multiple authorities, consolidate and provide it to applicant. Applicant can ask information that is available with that public authority alone and he is not bound to transfer to multiple authorities. For more particulars, kindly go through RTI India New letter focusing on such issue.