bpl seats allocated in school

Tejaswy

Question

Well in NOIDA....school land is allocated to schools on the grounds that they will reserve some percentage of seats for below poverty students

Now I suspect that post schools like DPS, Amity etc are not following this norm.

Now .... how can i do to find out the number of BPL students admitted in the schools........

Who exactly do i write to.... state or center govt ..... and what do i write.

8 answers to this question

Well i ment to who exactly do i write to ....

State govt.... Education Depet

Central govt ...... Ministry of education

I have filled RTI on this matter and case is still pending with FAA.

You should file the RTI application before PIO of education department. Normally District Eduction Officers are designated PIOs for such cases. As per notification No. F/DE/15/ACT/2006/424 dated 25.01.2007 all school who have been provided land at substential rate should provide 20% seats to Economical Weaker Section (EWS) but most of the schools in Delhi are flouting this rules.

I asked for the information about a particular school from the education department about no. of seats allotted by that school, procedure of admission of EWS student, Admission made by school in previous years, list of EWS students admitted in the current year etc. I also requested for the inspection of documents of submitted by the parents of such students.

In reply to my above question PIO has said that only 10% seats are alloted to EWS and has taken shelter of section 8 in reply to most of the questions. Appeal with FAA is still pending.

I am filing multiple applications to other departments to ascertain the maximum facts before I approach CIC with second appeal.

In reply to my above question PIO has said that only 10% seats are allotted to EWS and has taken shelter of section 8 in reply to most of the questions. Appeal with FAA is still pending.

O really.....That's interesting

It would be real nice if you could paste a copy of your RTI application here....Will be really useful to a lot of people here..

Actually My maid wants me to help her with the admission of her daughter to some unknown school......

I wanted to know all this so that i can help her to into some better school

Admission season is still a few months away so .....If i file the RTI tomorrow i might just make it to March.

And O by the way my maid is under poverty line (She has a card to certify that)

One more thing that adds to my confusion

Do those schools provide a concession in fees or a seat for them or both...?

whackpack

dear dineshji & tejaswyji

kindly post the outcome of your efforts and findings on this forum for the larger benefit of the community, as this is relevant across country

Atul Patankar

Another obvious authority to bring into loop is the one making land available at concessional rate, say the municipal corporation. Actually it should take care that the conditions that it put while making allottment are fulfilled by beneficiary. The schools are also PAs if they get land at concession, but they will probably be very unwilling to share the info.

Tejaswyji, this looks like a long fight. The cause you have taken up is quite important and useful, but you have to be prepared to apply to various PAs, go into first and second appeal, and complaints to SIC/ CIC. If you do get some sort of answer, trying to get media exposure will help get faster results.

whackpack
Another obvious authority to bring into loop is the one making land available at concessional rate, say the municipal corporation. Actually it should take care that the conditions that it put while making allottment are fulfilled by beneficiary. The schools are also PAs if they get land at concession, but they will probably be very unwilling to share the info.

thanks atulji, i think that is a very pertinent step. in fact, the conditions for allotment would be specified either in the agreement of allotment or an annexure to it, and hence has to be brought into the loop. a similar case in my know is the import of expensive medical machinery for the hospitals, at 0% excise, on the condition that the hospitals will render subsidized medical services to x% of the patients treated etc, which is also never followed.

i have seen some agreements of allotment of land for school and hospitals, but do not recollect of noticing a limiting condition as suggested.

pl do ask for copies of all the agreements and annexures of land allotments for the specific purpose (education) done by the local municipal corporation in last x years. but i personally feel directly seeking information from the town planner / surveyor also will give you lot of information, and a direction to take.

would be interesting to understand the system. pl keep us posted.