ashokcomnet

Can i ask questions through RTI related to any unauthorized colony???

Question

ashokcomnet

Hi All.

I live in "Mahendra Enclave" Colony which is in Ghaziabad UP. It is surrounded by two colonies called "chiranjeev vihar" and "shastri Nagar", These both colonies are GDA authorized colony. But my colony "mahendra enclave" is not authorized, its an unauthorized colony. Here in my colony the drainage system is very bad, road are having pathetic condition, bad electricity supply.

So my questions is can I use RTI for these problems in my city?

Can i file RTI against GDA or Nagar Nigam?

Regards,

Ashok

13 answers to this question

MANOJ B. PATEL

Yes, you can use RTI Act to know status of your colony. Please file RTI application to the PIO, town planning officer/Municipal Commissioner office with a request to provide information which you need. On receiving information file a complaint for legal action to the concerned authority.

Sent from RTI INDIA Mobile App

ashokcomnet

Dear Manoj ji,

I live in unauthorized colony so :-

Is govt responsible for these basic amenities?

If they are responsible for providing these facilities?

Because i know in case of authorize colony we can ask questions to nagar nigam and GDA but is it possible in case of unauthorise colony?

And to whom i should write the RTI (Nagar nigam or GDA), who is responsible?

MANOJ B. PATEL

Is your colony is a govt. Colony?

ashokcomnet

no its not

MANOJ B. PATEL

It is not a govt. Colony and also it is illegal/ unauthorised colony then how govt. or any govt. agency will provide facilities to it? No possibilities.

Prasad GLN

File RTI Application to GDA seeking names of all unauthorised colonies in Ghaziabad, and action proposed to take against those unauthorised occupations as sanitary conditions are worst in such localities exposing public to health hazards.

koteswararaonerella

Mr.Ashok what exactly you mean by UNAUTHORISED COLONY?Do you mean that the house owners have constructed houses without Municiapal PERMISSION or whether the LAY OUT IS NOT APPROVED BY THE COMPETENT AUTHORITY, then you can have fair idea what is to be done and to whom to address even RTI or formal complaint.

harinder dhingra

Learned Mr Koteshwara Rao,

The unauthorized colony in this part of the country are "Colonies which have been developed (mostly) on agriculture land and has no sanction of any authority to build, reside and own houses.

Unscruplus elements called "small time colonisers" sell plots on agriculture or and Government Land unauthorizedly with no facilty of water, sewerage, park, community & roads.

harinder dhingra

sharmajee

To my mind, member should decide, what he wants to achieve?

Since he is himself residing there, he is also a defaulter, unauthorised occupant..... with no right to demand any authorised / lawful facility.......

If he wants to question govt., why facilities not planned or exists, answer would be obvious.......since unauthorised not entitled......

If he wants to sensitize GDA by raising concern, than chances of getting any relief are almost nil, as in our system wherever things are planned and budget allocated also donot reach at ground zero..... Another risk is GDA may also in turn sensitize you about your unauthoried status.......and its consequences........

Therefore in place of RTI, form a group, pray to Netas, ........and hope for the best......

Prasad GLN

Therefore, it was suggested that he should ask for status of all colonies and the action GDA proposes to regularise them (without pinpointing the applicant's unauthorised colony alone)

sharmajee

Mr Prasad,

With due regards, what is the % of chances you feel of getting a proper reply and sanctity of that reply......

For example you ask me what is your plan, I say I plan to bring stars from sky........ can you rebut it.....

Let us assume, you get 100% reply to your query, what relief the applicant member shall get.....

Kasme Vade Pyar wafa sab, vade hai vadon ka kya........

Therefore, it was suggested that he should ask for status of all colonies and the action GDA proposes to regularise them (without pinpointing the applicant's unauthorised colony alone)

Prasad GLN

The main concern and focus is on keeping unauthorised colony's name secret as a client

should approach with clean hands, a man knowingly purchasing a plot in land reserved for agriculture, without conversion constructing a building and demanding poor sanitary conditions sounds no valid claim. Whether PIO provides are not is a different thing, but as there is no alternative, some municipalities introduced Amnesty scheme for some months, given computerised numbering, collected higher charges for conversion and development and regularised such buildings (It is a different matter that municipality is starving of funds, and not in a position to pay even salaries to employees and wanted to get over financial crisis and also to do something devised this)

koteswararaonerella

post cancelled