TERI comes under RTI Act..... A great leap forward

harinder dhingra

Dear Esteemed Members of this Forum,

The Hon'ble State Information Commissioner Mr. Shiv Raman Gaur (IAS) (Retired) has declared TERI as public authority under RTI Act 2005. The undersigned had sought some information ( Copy of RTI application enclosed)from M/s TERI, Gurgaon Faridabad Road, Gwal Phari, Gurgaon which was not provided.

Aggrieved the undersigned filed Complaint (Copy Enclosed)before Hon'ble State Information Commissioner, Haryana who vide his order dated 29th Oct 2014 in case number 7213 of 2014 declared TERI as public authority and directed TERI to consider applicant RTI application dated 11th May 2014 in accordance with the provisions of RTI Act.

It is great victory. It is a milestone to bring this institution under RTI Act 2005 which till date was unaccountable and non-transparent.

Regards

harinder dhingra

TERI_---RTI.pdf

• Super Moderator

Although this order is good, it will not stand the scrutiny of courts.

It should have been more "tighter" and legally correct.

One should appreciate the fastness of Haryana Information Commission also. A decision in the same year of RTI Application that also in less than six months. Wonder.

Although this order is good, it will not stand the scrutiny of courts.

It should have been more "tighter" and legally correct.

Yes Learned Mr Karira Sir, even I think that it should have been speaking but Okay with me as long as it remains under RTI Act 2005.

This Institute is headed by Mr Pachouri, Nobel Award Winner but still the Nobel Prize winner is hesitant to open its records/working to general public which is funding its operations substantially.

harinder dhingra

One should appreciate the fastness of Haryana Information Commission also. A decision in the same year of RTI Application that also in less than six months. Wonder.

Thank You Learned Mr. G L N Prasad Sir for appreciating the speed of HSIC. But give some credit to yours truly also who kept on following the issue.

harinder dhingra

Some body should also take up amends to RTI the case that those public authorities that seek exemptions from RTI Act (being not a public authority) should seek exemption from DOPT themselves , providing all necessary documents, otherwise all Public authorities which are enjoying Govt., patronage (contribution) has to appoint PIOS invariably unless specifically exempted. The permission should come from respective Govt., dept like DOPT and even in those cases of exemption, citizens can also complain to CIC in bringing them within ambit of RTI Act.

Hon HD Saab, you have left us with no words left in English language and the most powerful appreciation sounds a routine/cheap before your achievements.

seek exemptions from RTI Act (being not a public authority) should seek exemption from DOPT themselves

Learned Mr G L N Prasad Sir,

What you intend to convey sir by above? Kindly enlighten.

Yes, I agree cent per cent with you that public authority which is receiving benefits/subsidy from public exchequer should either open it self to public scrutiny by coming under RTI Act or surrender those benefits.

Sir, I was mentioning that in lighter vein to make it little interesting otherwise Your hand & other Experts hand on my head (read blessings) is more than sufficient for me.

harinder dhingra

Hon HD,

My submission is that every Authority receiving any type of benefits must appoint PIO on their own with out a citizen approaching IC, and if PA feels that it is not within ambit of RTI, he should himself declare and seek exemption (that it is not PA within ambit of RTI Act), from DOPT with explanation as to why authority can not be treated as PA under RTI.

Even after all this, if citizen feels that authority comes within ambit of RTI Act, the route of complaint to IC must always be open.

Scan_Pic0001 (5).jpg

Dear All,

Enclosed herewith find the scan copy of news paper clipping of dated 16th Nov 2014 mentioning about the TERI being brought under RTI act 2005.

harinder dhingra