Illegal (All the 63 numbers) Banquet Houses running in Gurgaon causing Crores of Rupees Loss

harinder dhingra

Dear Members & Experts of this August Forum,

Kindly enclosed herewith find the scan copy of Main Page of Hindustan Hindi regarding illegal Banquet Houses/Halls being run in Gurgaon in complete disregard to norms & regulations causing loss of Crores of revenue to Public Exchequer.

Also enclosed herewith find the reply received from MCG, Gurgaon vindicating the undersigned submission of facts to MCG, Gurgaon.

I had sought information under RTI Act 2005 from MCG, Gurgaon (Haryana) about illegal Banquet Halls on 2nd March 2014.

Received no information.

Aggrieved Filed first appeal on 30th June 2013 but no reply.

Filed second appeal before Haryana State Information Commission on 6th Sep 2013

The HSIC orders furnishing of information on 2nd May 2014 within thirty days but still MCG supplies no information.

The undersigned files complaint before Hon'ble SIC, Haryana for non implementation of its order dated 2nd May 2014 on 11th July 2014.

The Haryana SIC takes serious note of it orders penalty of Rs 1000/- to be paid to undersigned & show cause notice to SPIO of MCG why Rs 25000/- penalty is not imposed on him.

Finally, the MCG provides information which is strartling:

a) All the 63 Banquet Halls in Gurgaon District are without license and are illegal and out of 63, 34 are in 900 meters of Ammunition Depot,

b) Only one Banquet Hall namely Star Banquet Hall has applied for regularization after the policy of regularization was announced;

c) All the Banquet Halls have been issued notices by MCG to remove the Banquet Hall structures from the Land but none has followed the orders of MCG;

harinder dhingra

Hindustan_21st_november_2014--_banquet_hall0001.jpg

MCG_Banquet_Hall_---Unauthorised0001.pdf

g r e a t.....knowing that you may become enemy to several business persons and public - but what about penalty to those illegal structures - those taxes must be recovered and this matter has to be followed for recovery of mnimum one crore

Sir,

For that I think I have to file Writ in HC (PIL) as the recovery is more than Rs 75 Crores if all these Banquet Halls are regularized.

Hd

Sent from RTI INDIA Mobile App

My GOD ! Rs.75 crores ? Is this not a great amount for Haryana State Govt., at this stage of funds crunch ? Is it not their duty to recognise your efforts through official facilitation in the name of RTI and at the same time taking action against errant officials ?

In one of your earlier posts, you have stated that opponents criticize you as 'Publicity Crazy', now what they can say on your efforts ? Is it not a slap on their face without using a harsh word against such critics ?

Why should you further take the trouble of filing PIL ? Is it not the responsibility of authority to initiate on their own ? Are you going to file RTI Application seeking information on the action taken by Authority in recovering arrears of taxes and penalties from such unauthorised structures within time frame ? and further write to Secretary, Municipal administration for further follow up action.

When its clear from RTI that much is due then why cant concerned authorities take action now? , what are they suppose to do then?, from RTI to PIL hats off to u sir.

My GOD ! Rs.75 crores ? Is this not a great amount for Haryana State Govt., at this stage of funds crunch ? Is it not their duty to recognise your efforts through official facilitation in the name of RTI and at the same time taking action against errant officials ?

In one of your earlier posts, you have stated that opponents criticize you as 'Publicity Crazy', now what they can say on your efforts ? Is it not a slap on their face without using a harsh word against such critics ?

Why should you further take the trouble of filing PIL ? Is it not the responsibility of authority to initiate on their own ? Are you going to file RTI Application seeking information on the action taken by Authority in recovering arrears of taxes and penalties from such unauthorised structures within time frame ? and further write to Secretary, Municipal administration for further follow up action.

Learned Mr. G L N Prasad Sir,

This is not the only Rs 75 Crores but there is another Rs 75-80 Crores of 571 out of 577 illegal mobile towers installed/erected in District Gurgaon are allowed without "regularization" of mobile towers for last five years. Each mobile tower has to pay Rs 2.50 Lacs per annum to M C Gurgaon which makes it out to be Rs 75-80 Crores till date but for that story, please watch this space. Anyways.....

Sir, I do not care what vested interests call me be it "publicity crazy" , "Bimari"or "mental". It is irrelevant.

My RTI applications has sought that information also but the M C Gurgaon states that these Banquet Halls or Mobile Towers are to be removed as ordered by then Municipal Commissioner.

The further follow up is that they "shall" remove these Banquet Halls.

Sir, If I do not file PIL then who would? Can not leave it unfinished.

Yes Sir, I have made more enemies with this but then what is the choice? I can either sit at home and watch my most beautiful wife & grandson by buying peace or fight it out. I choose later.

Pray for me Sir,

harinder dhingra

When its clear from RTI that much is due then why cant concerned authorities take action now? , what are they suppose to do then?, from RTI to PIL hats off to u sir.

Learned Mr Deepak Sir,

Kindly see my above post #8 which answers your query.Thanks for nice and kind words.

hd

Dear All,

Enclosed herewith find the scan copy of news item appearing in Hindustan Hindi dated 25th Nov 2014 regarding revenue loss caused to public exchequer by these illegal Banquet Halls.

This is exhaustive, thought provoking article on such illegal activities.

Regards

harinder dhingra

Illegal Banquet Halls-2.jpg