Jump to content

Info reced from Delhi Univ on delay in Degree


Recommended Posts

I completed my graduation degree from Dyal Singh College, Delhi University in year 1994. However i have not got my degree certificate till date. I inquired about my degree in year 2000 from college, they informed me that certificate has not been received from Department of Examinations, Delhi University, North Campus so i will have to visit them. They also gave me a provisional degree certificate with remarks "Degree Not received from Delhi University till date" as i needed it for applying for visa.


I then visited Degree section in Delhi University, they told me that the degree certificate has not been prepared in my case as there was a pending issue of approval of age relaxation in my case which is pending from university. They told me to give an application and it would be prepared and it could be collected.


I again visited the Degree Section of Delhi University last week, now they are telling that they had already sent the degree to college as its not in their pending degree list, and college must have misplaced it. They told me to contact principle of the college.


Kindly help me in framing the question for RTI application so that I can get my degree certificate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guidance and below extract of post of hon. Sir of forum and ref. is below




RTI is helpful for getting facts recorded

in their books of accounts, and as

signed original documentary evidence

to support your complaint before Forum.

A simple format is being given and

search their website to know PIO,

format, fee payment.

Application dt............seeking

information under RTI Act filed

Before Public Information officer,du with

RTI Fee: Indian Postal Order No...for

Rs.10/- fvg. Accounts officer.


Brief facts: Despatch of original degree


of ..............Course...............Year...........Reg.

No. amounts paid through Bank Challan

copy of which is pasted on back of this


Information solicited:

1)Please inform time norm within which

degree certificate has to be despached

to student after receiving requisite fee.

2.Please inform date of Receipt of fee.

3.Please inform Date of despatch of


4.Please provide certified copy of

service proof, copy of despach register,

xerox copy of returned envelope.

5.Please inform the date on which

university received new address.

6.Please provide certified copy of

service proof, copy of despach register

for having sent certificate once again.

7.Please inform present status.

8.Please inform the Name of official,

designation and mobile No. with whom

the issue is pending with.

9.Please call explanation from

concerned employee for inordinate

delay, and send such copy wit this




(Send it by regd., post, paste copy of

IPO counterfoil and postal receipt to

office copy of your application for further

appeal procedure)




You can also see for more guidelines and knowledge




Original Degree from Delhi University after 17 years

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Immediate solution is apply for Duplicate copy of degree certificate.

Then file RTI Application both to DU and your college stating what other has stated. First file RTI Application to DU seeking Ref.No,date of despatch, mode and receipt No, equipped with this information, enclose copy from Du to your college and seek information from college.

It may take time, but after this procedure file complaint before DIstrict Consumer Forum, at Delhi, seeking compensation for Rs.5 lakhs. deficiency and harassment both against DU and college, after serving them Registered notices explaining the facts. Complaint expenses may not exceed Rs.200/-

Link to comment
Share on other sites


WILL it be a false for if you didn't got original and fir for duplicate

I suggest pursue ORIGINAL AS YOU DONT GOT IT.and don't have receipt no. Date of dispatch .


Ref-- Duplicate Degree Request

Form - University of Delhi

www​. du .ac.in/

du /.../10092014_form.pdf



3.A duplicate copy of the diploma, degree or certificate will be issued on submission of an affidavit attested by a First Class Magistrate together with attested copy of the F.I.R. lodged with the nearest Police Station to the effect that either the original diploma, degree or certificate has been irrecoverably lost or destroyed or defaced and on payment of the fee prescribed. If FIR available on the website of the state then self attested copy of the print-out of FIR otherwise copy of the FIR attested by concerned SHO. 4.In very special case subsequent copies of the diploma, degree or certificate may be issued for more than four times on submission of an affidavit attested by First Class Magistrate to the effect that the diploma, degree or certificate issued previously by the University has been lost or destroyed and on payment of same fee as are prescribed for the issue of duplicate copy. gSA FORM FOR AFFIDAVIT TO BE EXECUTED ON A NON-JUDICIAL STAMP PA





50,000 DU degrees lie unclaimed - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site

Hope u think before filing SUIT IN COURTS file rti with some changes in rti draft of honourable prasad Ji pasted by me for you (in early post) will/may/might WORK

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love RTI INDIA- Online RTI? Tell a friend!
  • Members

    • Prasad GLN
  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy