Delay in response by PIO under RTI

pctiwary

Question

I have sought one information from Bank about the name of officer who has generated my A/C statement ?. Bank has not denied , but responded that he is working with IT people and once found , i will be informed. Its 80 days . What to do next?

5 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

The time for first appeal might have been over. File official complaint through on line portal of the bank, enter in complaint register kept at the Bank, personally hand over the complaint to Manager and while this process is going on, file complaint before CIC.

If you wanted to bring more pressures, issue a Registered Notice also to Manager under CP Act, wait for a month and then file complaint before District Consumer Forum, as the cost is less than Rs.200/-

All these pressures may work out.

Thanks for the response. The notice to Manager under CP Act is just a simple notice or i need to consult any lawyer? I know that manager has done something illegal , but just don't want to share as he will be caught.

Prasad GLN

There is no particular format. Just a simple petition/complaint mentioning Address of complainant, address of Opposite party, Brief facts with dates, what is the deficiency, when notice was issued, response from the opposite party, verification and prayer. You can search for such formats in google or obtain a template from any advocate or DtForu. The fee depends on compensation sought. But before issuing Registered notice is compulsory. Through RTI gather evidence and see that the violation is admitted.

You might have filed RTI Application seeking reasons for obtaining copy of your statement of account by that staff member, his name and address. Even when first appeal time is over, you can file fresh RTI seeking more information, and file first appeal after CPIO response so that you do not miss remedy available in RTI Act.

Actually , i will do both.New RTI again and as well as thinking to send notice under PC act. It will surely increase the pressure. How effective is Consumer court?