2nd appeal status still showing “Singed copy awaiting” after receiving the singed copy.

kaibalyarout

Question

kaibalyarout

Hello,

Few days back I have submitted 2nd appeal to CIC (rti.india.gov.in) through online and send the singed copy though speed post. When I checked the speed post status, it is showing received date is 12th Jan 2015. But till now my application status is showing “Singed copy awaiting”.

What to do now.

16 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

Down load the delivery status of your speed post from indiapost website and keep a record. Wait for 15 days, and if still the status shows "Signed copy awaited", the down load through screen shot of that status report, enclose indiapost delivery status, and seek information about the status of signed copy sent by you on.....and also send another signed copy with your RTI application. That means you have to enclose 1)Copy of your second appeal 2) Copy of india post delivery status 3)Status as appearing in website of CIC with your fresh RTI Application.

• Super Moderator

Has the "signed copy" been given a diary number in the CIC after they received it.

Check the diary number on the CIC website:

Check Status of RTI Complaints / Appeals: Central Information Commission (CIC) Online

After you get the diary number, it takes anywhere between 2 weeks to 2 months to get the registration number.

kaibalyarout

Thanks for your reply...

I used above link to search my diary no. by click on Diary(letter)>Search by:email>Diary year.

But I didn't anything. Please correct me, if I didn't follow the correct way to get Dairy no.

If above steps is correct to get diary no,please let me know ..what to do next.

kaibalyarout
Has the "signed copy" been given a diary number in the CIC after they received it.

Check the diary number on the CIC website:

Check Status of RTI Complaints / Appeals: Central Information Commission (CIC) Online

After you get the diary number, it takes anywhere between 2 weeks to 2 months to get the registration number.

Thanks for your reply...

I used above link to search my diary no. by click on Diary(letter)>Search by:email>Diary year.

But I didn't anything. Please correct me, if I didn't follow the correct way to get Dairy no.

If above steps is correct to get diary no,please let me know ..what to do next.

• Super Moderator

Search by Diary number - Search by name - Year

Result will be all diary numbers against your name for the year.

You can use part name and search also.

Officers and Staff at the CIC are not efficient !

If you still cannot find, use different versions of your name, full name, name with initials, different spellings , etc...

For example: My name is C J Karira

Use, karira, karira c j, c j karira, c j kareera, kareera, kariara

kaibalyarout
Search by Diary number - Search by name - Year

Result will be all diary numbers against your name for the year.

You can use part name and search also.

Officers and Staff at the CIC are not efficient !

If you still cannot find, use different versions of your name, full name, name with initials, different spellings , etc...

For example: My name is C J Karira

Use, karira, karira c j, c j karira, c j kareera, kareera, kariara

I tried with all option but I didn't find my dairy no. I have send a mail to Shri Raghubir Singh,Depurt Registrar (Central Registry) to know my diary number.

Please, Let me know next step I should follow.

kaibalyarout
Also try calling the CIC Helpline: 011-61117666

I called to above number . They said, Dairy no. you will get after 15 days of receiving your signed application.

• Super Moderator
I called to above number . They said, Dairy no. you will get after 15 days of receiving your signed application.

Kachua chaap.....!

• Moderators

Since it is received by CIC on 12-01-2015, it may take at least two weeks or so to get diary number, since post is not opened or inwarded on the same day, as happens in govt offices. Even after diarising, it will take [if you are lucky] nearly one month or so for keying in receipt of signed copy in system and then it will be given file number in status. Hence keep on checking status every 10 days till appeal is registered for decision of IC. Then you need to wait for 18-36 months for final decision of CIC.

CIC has not yet been enthused with new central govt where most of the ministries are working fast as compared to last decade. Hopefully with new Chief IC to be appointed shortly, working at CIC may be streamlined and made efficient.

• Super Moderator

But why should it take 2 weeks to get a diary number ?

All that the person does is to open the envelope, scrutinize the contents to decide where the paper has to go and then give it a sequential number.

That surely cannot take 2 weeks.

In any case, the Manual of Office Procedure (which the CIC also follows) clearly states that all dak received during the day should be distributed on the same day or at the most the first thing next morning. If they were to do that, then the diary number should be given on the same day.

Next time I go to Delhi, I will file a RTI for "inspection of the receipts section located in Room No. 326 for a full day between 0930 and 1800 Hrs". That will give a clearer idea as to what is really going on.

Prasad GLN

Hon.Karira,

Those that are following this portal will cleanse Augean stables and present a clear picture of NIL pending. In anticipation of your visit, they may start immediately. Are keeping the day suspense ? or visiting with prior permission for inspection and after fixing mutually convenient timings ?

Why do you spend entire day time, knowing that every one is an actor and the next day the same play starts with same actors ?

Excuses are thousands. Attitude is material and that should change. Use your time for interacting with some ICS and convey feelings of members in the portal on their individual decisions and over all functioning. Atleast there may be a temporary remedy if by that time name of Chief is decided..

kaibalyarout

Thank you ..Karira, GLN Prasad and JPs50 for helping me to resolve query…..

Today I got my diary no.

What will be my next steps.

• Super Moderator

After getting the diary number, keep checking for the "Registration Number".

Once that is available, it means that your complaint/appeal has been registered and is in queue for a hearing. Current waiting time is anywhere between 1 to 3 years.