rohitgoyal_asn

rohitgoyal_asn

Hi All,

While filling RTI applications i came across certain facts which I want to bring to everyone notice.

1. In order to start any new business in any city we have to obtain trade license from Municipality or Labor office of that city under shop and establishment Act. Now there is a prescribed format which every individual has to fill in order to take trade license and to start their operation. In many municipality/labor offices it is not mandatory to provide contact details (Contact number/ Email) of the applicants. in such case how to the authority verify the details of the applicants , follow up for pending tax payments or communicate anything to the applicant.

Ex:- There are close to 2 lakhs trade license Under Kolkata Municipal Corporation. Now the authority do not have the contact details of the shop owners so they would be visiting every individual shops for any tax collections or notifications.

2. I have noticed the same policy in RTO of many cities. The vehicle owner is not required to provide contact details , now how does RTO communicate or contact vehicle owners.

I have got this information while filling RTI applications and was wondering if RTI Act provide any options to the individual citizens to point out any changes or suggestions for improvement in the working of the machinery.

Kindly provide your feedback and guide me on the same.

Dr.S.ANANDKUMAR
rohitgoyal_asn;342021]

"How the authority verify the details of the applicants , follow up for pending tax payments or communicate anything to the applicant."

Ex:- There are close to 2 lakhs trade license Under Kolkata Municipal Corporation. Now the authority do not have the contact details of the shop owners so they would be visiting every individual shops for any tax collections or notifications.

2. How does RTO communicate or contact vehicle owners."

Certainly RTI Act provide many options to citizens to point out any changes or suggestions for improvement in working of Govt. machinery.

First, I suggest that you can file RTI Applications to such PAs, whose actions you are aggrieved about, asking them to disclose the PROCEDURE they use to verify the details of applicants and request the concerned PA the procedure they use communicate or contact the applicants, because of lack provisions in their application forms for the applicants to furnish their contact information and identities. (Mention this statement along with the query you frame...)

The PAs have to disclose procedures to persons requesting under Section 4 of RTI Act. In fact, they are suo motu disclosures.

Secondly, I suggest that you can also ask for quasi-judicial and or administrative REASONS for no provisions in the application forms of PAs to assist the applicants to furnish those information.

Reason has to be disclosed under Section 4(1)(d) of RTI Act, 2005. Make sure that you mention that you are an affected person because of such a reason by giving an example of public interest nature like the one quoted above mentioned by you.

I am sure some changes will happen.

However, I think it can't be so. Please, revisit those forms. Or applicants need to furnish an affidavit where in they need to furnish such information to authorities. Please, engage in consultation with those people around those PAs, agents and brokers who deal such things for members of public. Then take RTI route.... to avoid wastage of money & time...

I hope this reply helps you.... Thank you........

rohitgoyal_asn

I have sent application asking for details of the traders who has taken trade license by filling the application form as per prescribed format.

The answer I Recieved from PIO is quoted below:-

" please find attached the information as asked by you. Please note it is not mandatory to provide contact details of the applicant while taking trade license so the same cannot be provided as this office do not have record of the same"

Sent from RTI INDIA Mobile App

Dr.S.ANANDKUMAR

"Please note it is not mandatory to provide contact details of the applicant while taking trade license so the same cannot be provided as this office do not have record of the same."

Then you may ask them the procedures & reason, as I have pointed above.... Please, try if you are interested...

rohitgoyal_asn

The reason for starting this discussion is that the sole purpose of RTI ACT was to make information available to all the citizen and to point out any wrong doing or to highlight any scope of improvements in the existing system...

Thank you doctor saab for your guidance and response, I will do.the needful now...

Prasad GLN

Now some State Govt., has made mandatory provisions of seeking identity like PAN and AADHAR. For example, every RC book, driving license must have AADHAR No. and this is also being ensured at Petrol Bunks. Central Govt is contemplating to make AADHAR mandatory for each and every transaction concerned and also link Bank account.

Hope this step ensures more transparency, and country is slowly learning through past mistakes and suggestions from citizens as well as recommendations of young bureaucrats.

rohitgoyal_asn

I agree with the update prasadji... However aadhar card project itself is dicey... There r numerous complains about the same and in number of cases address are wrong for applicants... However Keeping our fingers crossed for implementation of the same..

Prasad GLN

Teething problems are common in implementation of a system, and definitely the system overcomes all initial hurdles through advancement of technology.

koteswararaonerella

for taking trade license you need to apply to both muncipal corporation and labour office as they are different certificates. the application contains full address of the applicant and also PAN card No. etc., to show identity/residence proof and now most of the renewals are being done online and therefore whether contact no. is taken or not may not make any difference.

• Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O

There seems to be something wrong as far as the information sought and supplied, as being discussed in this thread. It would be necessary to peruse the original RTI Application and PIO's reply.

Please refer to :

GUIDELINE AS PER PREVAILING PROCEDURE REGARDING APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION / RENEWAL / NOTICE OF CHANGE UNDER SHOPS & ESTABLISHMENTS ACT, 1963.

and EXEMPTED SHOPS & ESTABLISHMENTS

Similarly, it is now not possible to register a vehicle without authentic address proof. This rule has been made stringent, since vehicle registered in fictitious name/addresses were used for anti-social / terror activities in the past. Similarly, a large number of metro-dwellers register their vehicles in rural area to evade octroi. Identity and Address proof of purchaser of vehicle is therefore compulsory to register the vehicle.

rohitgoyal_asn

It is not mandatory to take trade license from both municipality and labor office... In many cities trade license are issued by labour department under shop and establishment act and municipality plays no role... I have got the details of the municipality which do.not issue trade license....

rohitgoyal_asn

Ravenna ji... My point was contact details like phone number or email id and not address... It is mandatory to provide address proof but contact details are not mandatory... Further online registration is still far from reality as only very few cities have started the same... I have got details of all the rto of India and most of them are not yet made online or ask for contact details like phone number/ email id....

Prasad GLN

Please kindly do not misuse membership through such violations. This portal is dedicated to guiding citizens in seeking information from Public Authorities under RTI Act and this is not proper to use this as your mouthpiece though it is of larger public interest and you have taken up with good motives.

Instead post it in other social websites and you can get more response.

(If you are old member and contributed it is a different matter, as we will strive to help our members as we know his attitude and commitment through his posts/replies but this is your 4th post only and it appears only for this you have taken membership. Sorry ...for offending by stating facts, hope you will understand)

rohitgoyal_asn

Dear prasadji, this is my 14th post in the forum....

I am.not aware if I violated.any norms and if I have done so than I apologise for the same.

I have learnt certain things while collecting information and hence I raised this point to get guidance from the experts as whether we can do anything for larger public gud.

I won't leave the forum immediately if I am violating the.norms or misusing the platform...

Thank.you

rohitgoyal_asn

*I would leave the forum immediately if I am violating the norms or offending anyone...

Thank you