Jump to content
  • 0

RTI to get rule for changing name in birth certificate

Deepak Kumar Jana


Deepak Kumar Jana

Hello Sir,

I just want to change the name of my 3 yrs old son's name in Birth Certificate and officials are saying that name will not changed instead of changing name they are asking me to use alias name in certificate. Sir I just want to know is it not possible of changing name? if yes then what is the procedure of changing name?

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • Moderators
Sunil Ahya

You may file a RTI application with the Public Information Officer and seek a photocopy of the rules pertaining to change in name, as follows:


Description of Information Required:


Please provide a certified photocopy of Rules, Regulations, Circular, Policy, Guidelines, Government Resolution (GR), Provision in an Act or any other such provisions in a law for the time being in force, 3 wherein has been noted the criteria & procedure for effecting a change in name in a Birth Certificate of a three year old child.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Welcome to RTI INDIA PORTAL. Thank you for choosing RTI INDIA PORTAL.


Please click the following link and read through the topics:


RTI Information


Please do not post in to multiple forums or start multiple threads. You need to study links on home page of this website and then start drafting RTI for common problem of specific issues etc. You can post draft RTI application on this portal so that our members can refine it. Thus you will be having working knowledge of RTI over a period of time. Please also visit this website often and peruse queries and replies by our members, which will make you comfortable with RTI.


Dear Member, in addition,


To explore about RTI kindly refer following links


(A) Download RTI Forms

(B) How to Become RTI Activist

© How to file RTI Online

(D) Centre / State RTI Rules and Fees

(E) Case laws of RTI


Regard & Best Wishes.

Manoj B.Patel

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Prasad GLN

Alternative is through Court with guidance of Advocate.

(But I am sure that there is no provision in changing/modification with two officers attested notarised affidavit, just find out the concerned rules by filing RTI as suggested in Post No.2)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love RTI INDIA- Online RTI? Tell a friend!
  • Members

    No members to show

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy