Jump to content
  • 0

Can we ask High Court to give information of Log book, action taken report and all correspondences for a letter?



Dear All, Can we ask High Court to give information of Log book, action taken report and all correspondences for a letter?

If they Just say "The said letter is Filed"? then what to do? Can we do the Appeal and ask? If in appeal they refuse saying "It's internal office record we can not give" What can be done on that?

Any case reference Please reply. Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • Super Moderator

Yes, you can ask the HIGH Court under RTI for those documents.


What exactly did you ask for and what exactly did the PIO reply ?


Please ask precise and concrete queries and our members can give you concrete answers. If you ask hypothetical queries, then you will get hypothetical answers - which will not be of any practical use to you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Prasad GLN

Do not assume things and do not treat the words of PIO as final.

HC is a Public Authority, and bound to provide any information on record with them and they should not assume things of it's ultimate use.

The ultimate use comes into picture only in case of exemptions alone.

Please file first appeal and state Grounds of First Appeal as incomplete information provided and pray for providing entire information available as certified copies as expeditiously as possible free of cost.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
  • Moderators
Sunil Ahya

> Please note that drafting queries for seeking information is the most skilful part of drafting a RTI application, one can seek all the information that one requires merely by rephrasing one's questions in such a way that it points towards documents held by a Public Authority.

Any act or omission of the work supposed to be done by Govt. is defined by the documents held by a Public Authority, and therefore the answers to almost all the questions that you have in mind can certainly be found in the documents held by Public Authority.


Kindly refer to the following link to learn more about it:




> Also, please remember that RTI will only help you get the information and if the Public Authority (PA) happens to take any action on the subject matter, it is purely incidental.

Having filed a RTI, and having obtained the required information, if it reveals any act or omission on the part of the PA , then the remedy to that act or omission would lie by way of invoking other laws, for example by filing a Writ Petition before the appropriate court of law.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love RTI INDIA- Online RTI? Tell a friend!
  • Members

    No members to show

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy