HUDA officials do not attend RTI Workshops

harinder dhingra

harinder dhingra

HUDA Officers are not well versed with RTI Act 2005 thus causing lot of hardships to citizens of Gurgaon who access information under RTI Act 2005. The Hon'ble State Information Commission, Haryana has time and again passed orders for training/attend workshop being organized by HIPA (Haryana Government training institute) but in a reply to RTI query it has been found out that none of its (HUDA) official has attended the RTI Workshop or training.

Please find below the news clippings of Hindustan Times English daily dated 24th January 2015 on the same subject.

harinder dhingra

Scan_Pic0004.jpg

Prasad GLN

To me, it appears better if they do not attend workshops as they have some apprehensions about non compliance or on denials of information.

If they, attend, they become more smart and try to find more loopholes to deny information.

(All in lighter vein)

harinder dhingra

Learned Mr. G L N Prasad Sir,

Is it not better that they deny the information instead of non-reply of RTI application at all?

They deny the information when the matter is reached at HSIC which means going to Chandigarh and minimum 4-5 months wasted along with money.

Sir, it is better to be denied within 30 days than to be denied after 120 days.

We are faced with this kind of situation every now and then. With us it is all-right but with common man it is asking for too much and that is why these instructions were procured from HSIC by undersigned on behalf of Aseem Takyar (fellow RTI Activist) and undersigned.

I know you commented on lighter vein and I enjoyed it but thought it is my duty to clarify and that is why the above clarification.

Thanks for your time Sir,

harinder dhingra

Prasad GLN

Sir,

Perception and practices differ. Hyderabad is erstwhile (even now) the capital of AP and education center also. Most of the families of Govt. Officials are put up at Hyderabad. To go to Hyderabad, some PIOs simply deny information, and they can travel with Govt. expenditure, and not even 1% of the PIOs were penalised. I wish to submit that those who are having right attitude learns out of interest by going through books, visiting net and consulting also. I am not sounding negative, but PIOs hell bent that by seeking information that an ordinary citizen is invading their domain and making them answerable . I am stating this by and large. For attending a week workshop they express all personal problems and official responsibilities but they attend atleast one hearing per month of 3 days at Capital. This is general tendency. Further, without any further argument, they complete their submission before IC at Hyderabad, that they have brought the information now, and handing over to applicant before IC. IC is very happy to dispose. Why not the information was provided earlier ? IC never asked this question.

harinder dhingra

Learned Mr. G L N Prasad Sir,

The training is here in Gurgaon (As HIPA is based here) and for hearing the HUDA officials have to go to Chandigarh for which they have to get at 4 AM and start at 5 AM and they return the same day although they can get one day for travelling but during last four years of my RTI experience I have yet to find a case where an official of HUDA Gurgaon has availed that day off for travelling.

Unlike Hyderabad, most of the employees have their families here and posting in Gurgaon is very difficult to get and the officers of HUDA in Gurgaon do not want to miss even a day of office in Gurgaon for obvious reasons.

Here the situation in HUDA is different and that is why these directions were got issued because it is in HUDA official interest to avoid hearings if they provide information.

Hope you understand Sir

harinder dhingra

• Tell a friend

Love RTI INDIA- Online RTI? Tell a friend!
  • Members

No members to show

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts