Can I get information about my passport from German Embassy in delhi (India) through RTI ?

Dear Members I am new to RTI .

My visa case was in German Embassy in 1997 and visa refused and I did not collect the passport from Embassy I email to Embassy about my passport in 2008 but they reply my email that embassy has send my passport to Ministry of external affairs india.I have only email about that and have not any official letter from embassy.I have contacted ministry but no reply from their side....

My Question is that Can I get information about my passport from German Embassy in delhi (India) through RTI ?

Please reply your views ...

I will be thankful to you...

Gagan

Punjab

India

MANOJ B. PATEL

Welcome to RTI INDIA PORTAL. Thank you for choosing RTI INDIA PORTAL.

Please click the following link and read through the topics:

RTI Information

Please do not post in to multiple forums or start multiple threads. You need to study links on home page of this website and then start drafting RTI for common problem of specific issues etc. You can post draft RTI application on this portal so that our members can refine it. Thus you will be having working knowledge of RTI over a period of time. Please also visit this website often and peruse queries and replies by our members, which will make you comfortable with RTI.

Dear Member, in addition,

To explore about RTI kindly refer following links

(A) Download RTI Forms

(B) How to Become RTI Activist

© How to file RTI Online

(D) Centre / State RTI Rules and Fees

(E) Case laws of RTI

Regard & Best Wishes.

Manoj B.Patel

Prasad GLN

As per information from German Embassy, it was last heard with Ministry of external affairs. Just file RTI Application as they might have sent to PPO also (who knows). FIle simple RTI Application by pasting e mail copy of German Embassy.

Application dt....seeking information under RTI Act,

Before CPIO, Office of External Affairs, New Delhi with

RTI fee: Indian Postal Order No...for Rs.10/- Fvg Accounts officer, External Affairs Ministry payable at ND.

Applicant: ...........................Name and address)

Brief facts: Pass port No.........in the name of ..........sent to External affairs by German Embasssy on .....as per e mail pasted on back of this application. Applicant's visa case was in German Embassy in 1997 and visa refused and he did not collect the passport from Embassy His email to Embassy about passport in 2008 disclosed of sending passport to Ministry of external affairs india (confirmation of E mail pasted). Appellant contacted ministry but no reply from their side inspite of letters on.....

Information solicited:

1)Please provide the date of receipt of Pass port.

2)Attempts made to inform passport holder and for returning original passport to applicant for last 7 years.

3)Please inform present physical possession of Passport.

4)Reasons for abnormal delay in returning, and name of official, designation, mobile no with whom passport was kept pending without returning to citizen.

5)Reasons for not taking any action for the letters from citizen for returning passport.

6)Arrangements made for sending the passport to citizen after all his effors.

7)Please provide exact Norms/guidelines/procedure that states about receipt of passport from embassy and return to passport holder.

Place

Date................Applicant.

(Please file application by Regd. post. Paste counterfoil of IPO and postal receipt on copy of RTI Application. Wait for 40 days after posting and come back to the portal for further guidance on first appeal.

As per information from German Embassy, it was last heard with Ministry of external affairs. Just file RTI Application as they might have sent to PPO also (who knows). FIle simple RTI Application by pasting e mail copy of German Embassy.

Application dt....seeking information under RTI Act,

Before CPIO, Office of External Affairs, New Delhi with

RTI fee: Indian Postal Order No...for Rs.10/- Fvg Accounts officer, External Affairs Ministry payable at ND.

Applicant: ...........................Name and address)

Brief facts: Pass port No.........in the name of ..........sent to External affairs by German Embasssy on .....as per e mail pasted on back of this application. Applicant's visa case was in German Embassy in 1997 and visa refused and he did not collect the passport from Embassy His email to Embassy about passport in 2008 disclosed of sending passport to Ministry of external affairs india (confirmation of E mail pasted). Appellant contacted ministry but no reply from their side inspite of letters on.....

Information solicited:

1)Please provide the date of receipt of Pass port.

2)Attempts made to inform passport holder and for returning original passport to applicant for last 7 years.

3)Please inform present physical possession of Passport.

4)Reasons for abnormal delay in returning, and name of official, designation, mobile no with whom passport was kept pending without returning to citizen.

5)Reasons for not taking any action for the letters from citizen for returning passport.

6)Arrangements made for sending the passport to citizen after all his effors.

7)Please provide exact Norms/guidelines/procedure that states about receipt of passport from embassy and return to passport holder.

Place

Date................Applicant.

(Please file application by Regd. post. Paste counterfoil of IPO and postal receipt on copy of RTI Application. Wait for 40 days after posting and come back to the portal for further guidance on first appeal.

Sir Thank you for nice suggestion I did not understand 2 points 1.What the PPO means in your reply

2.IPO means Indian postal order???

also please send me RTI forms related to my problem....

I will be thankful to you for this.

Prasad GLN

PPO - means Passport office or Passport office. IPO means Indian Postal order. Please note that in reply we quote detailed term and subsequent contents give abbrievated form.

I have given a ready made format/template and that is sufficient for filing as RTI Application.

koteswararaonerella

You appear to be not bothered about your pssport hence left it in Germany embassy in 1997 and sent E mail for it in 2008 AFTER 11 YEARS(ELEVEN YEARS) and youy are now approching this forum in 2015 after another 7 years total 18 years, do you think the GERMAN EMBASSY will kep your pass port for so long ?

You appear to be not bothered about your pssport hence left it in Germany embassy in 1997 and sent E mail for it in 2008 AFTER 11 YEARS(ELEVEN YEARS) and youy are now approching this forum in 2015 after another 7 years total 18 years, do you think the GERMAN EMBASSY will kep your pass port for so long ?

Sure embassy will not kept my passport...........