Law related sexual harashment

Keerti Shree

Question

5 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

The query is not clear. First search google and find out all the latest legislation on "Harassment of women at work place". If possible down load and preserve it as reference.

An officer might have been designated in your office to accept and inquire into the incidents keeping secrecy and maintain all records of submissions by both the parties and erring employee may be either warned or censured or they can even lodge police complaint if offence is serious in nature.

(I said that query is not clear as members are not aware as to the women is employed in same organisation or the organisation is Public or Private entity etc.,)

Keerti Shree

Sir I did not ask about harassment of women. I need to ask a question related to sexual harassment law. Like if an unmarried couple had sex promising each other for marriage and the man declines to keep his promise further on. Then as I know the complaint lodged by the woman is taken very seriously and the act of the man is treated as rape. But what if the woman does the same? What if she declines to marry after having sex? How will it be treated? This is my question that I want to ask to the law of India. Because seldom being popular this is common these days.

Prasad GLN

Madam,

This portal is dedicated for guiding citizens in seeking information from Public Authorities under RTI Act and can not help you on personal issues raised by you.

There are several women organisations and on line portals on legal matters to help and guide.

As the issue is related cheating, criminal breach of trust, there is a separate women cell in each District and Legal services Authority for counseling and for further action on the issue.

Except RTI Act, the discipline in portal bars discussion on other issues related to law

there is no law in India to lodge complaint if woman declines to marry after having sex. complaint can be lodged only on man.

If a man and woman are indulged in adultery, only men are punishable, not woman as per law

Sir I did not ask about harassment of women. I need to ask a question related to sexual harassment law. Like if an unmarried couple had sex promising each other for marriage and the man declines to keep his promise further on. Then as I know the complaint lodged by the woman is taken very seriously and the act of the man is treated as rape. But what if the woman does the same? What if she declines to marry after having sex? How will it be treated? This is my question that I want to ask to the law of India. Because seldom being popular this is common these days.