HSIC directs Chief Secretary to appoint Public Information Officers in CM office /Residence, PSCM

harinder dhingra

harinder dhingra

Dear All,

The undersigned filed a application under RTI Act 2005 before Chief Minister office seeking information about then Hon'ble Chief Minister of Haryana wrote to Hon'ble Prime Minister of India requesting for extension of Mr Maheshwar Dayal, IPS, Tamil Nadu Cadre, at present in Haryana for three years;

If yes, then kindly provide me the copy of inputs which led Hon'ble Chief Minister to believe that Mr Maheshwar Dayal has an expertise in these fields.

As there was no Public Information Officer & First Appellate Authority under RTI Act 2005 in CM office, PSCM office and as such the information was delayed for long. The undersigned filed second appeal before Hon'ble State Information Commission under Section 19(3) of RTI Act 2005.

In a significant decision while disposing of undersigned appeal, the Hon'ble CIC under Section 25(5) of RTI Act 2005, has directed the Chief Secretary to appoint PIO & FAA in each of following offices:

1)Chief Minister Residence,

2) Office of Private Sectary to C M, (PSCM)

3) Additional Private Secretary to CM and (APSCM-I)

4) Additional Private Secretary to CM and (APSCM-I)

5) Chief Minister Complaint Cell,

6) All OSD to Chief Minister

This is a big leap for making even highest office of State transparent & accountable. Now any citizen with Rs 50/- can seek information about their working of CM office, CM residence, Office of PS/APS to CM, OSD/s & Grievance Cell of C M.

Chief Minister of Haryana office & working is going to be transparent.

Good times for transparency.

Thanks for your time,

Yours truly,

SIC order on CM office.pdf

rti application.pdf

• Super Moderator

There was a big issue about a PIO in the CMs office in the early days of the RTI Act in AP, Assam, Odisha, TN, UP, etc...but subsequently CMs offices have been designating PIOs.

RTI Humour:

Once in a particular State, the OSD to the CM told me that they do not have a PIO because they do not have any records. Files come from other departments/offices and then go back there. I casually asked him as to why there were so many cupboards in his office, if he did not have any files/documents ? A PIO was appointed a few days later.

harinder dhingra

Dear Esteemed members of this August Forum,

Kindly enclosed herewith find the news clippings of Hindustan Times dated 14th Feb 2015 & Hindustan Hindi 14th Feb 2015 in which the news of Hon'ble SIC directing Chief Secretary to appoint PIO/s & FAA/s in Hon'ble C M of Haryana's Office,Residence,PSCM,APSCM-I, APSCM-II, all OSD/s & CM Grievance Cell has been published/commented.

Thank You

Harinder Dhingra

Hindustan_times_CM_appointments PIO in CM.jpg

Hindustan_Hind appointment of PIO under RTI in  CM office-residence.jpg

• 1 month later...