Jump to content
  • 0

Obtain Building Plan and copy of approval

Trivikram Gavara


Context : I have purchased an apartment in Visakhapatnam which includes a parking space of 80sft in the Stilt, the same is mentioned in the Registration Document. We have not received the Occupancy Certificate, but have got electricity. It has a a total of 20 flats, 4 or each floor, with a total of five floors. The Builder has 10 flats and the site owner has 10 flats. I have purchased my flat from the builder. The stilt area is cross and it cannot accommodate 20 cars, but the builder has done the marking for 20 spots with no ingress and egress. Now he says that we have to adjust somehow. The site owner says that he has car parking for his 10 flats. I would like to have a look at the building plan as it can no way accommodate 20 cars, which the builder has sold.


My apartment is located in Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation Limits.

I would like to get a copy of the Building plan and its approval letter to know for how many Car parking slots the plans was approved. So that I can proceed legally if the builder fails to settle the issue.


Could you please tell the procedure that I have to follow to get hold a copy of the above mentioned document.


Thanks & Regards,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Welcome to RTI INDIA PORTAL. Thank you for choosing RTI INDIA PORTAL.


Please click the following link and read through the topics:


RTI Information


Please do not post in to multiple forums or start multiple threads. You need to study links on home page of this website and then start drafting RTI for common problem of specific issues etc. You can post draft RTI application on this portal so that our members can refine it. Thus you will be having working knowledge of RTI over a period of time. Please also visit this website often and peruse queries and replies by our members, which will make you comfortable with RTI.


Dear Member, in addition,


To explore about RTI kindly refer following links


(A) Download RTI Forms

(B) How to Become RTI Activist

© How to file RTI Online

(D) Centre / State RTI Rules and Fees

(E) Case laws of RTI


Regard & Best Wishes.

Manoj B.Patel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • Super Moderator

Please check up your sale deed. It may have the copy of approved plan including allotted parking space.


File RTI application with PIO of Municipal corpn, giving details of property, and seek certified copy of approved building plan, including parking area.


State RTI fee, format and Rules shall apply.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

There is a citizen Charter in Corporation office. Please take your RTI Application in the following format in duplicate, hand over a copy to them and pay RTI Fee in their counter and a stamped receipt will be given to you informing the due date for providing such information.


Application dt......seeking information under RTI Act. Before

State Public Information officer, Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation, ......

RTI fee: Rs.10/- (either in cash or through Indian Postal order for Rs.10/- fvg Accounts officer, GVMC)

Applicant:...............................(name and full address)


Brief Facts: Occupation certificate and Approved building plan of ........................Apartments located at...................................................(Write full particulars including survey No and door no if any)


Information solicited:

1)Please provide me a copy of blue print of approval and copy of terms and conditions for approval.

2.Please provide me a copy of Occupation certificate and if it is not provided, please inform specific reasons as to whether builder has provided application for issue of such OC, Inspection report of TPO

and further reasons for delay in issuing OC.



21st Feb, 15........................Applicant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

muncipal people have scant regard for RTI .I filed RTI with GHMC and submitted the application personally in the PIO office who did not respond for 40 days , then i filed first appeal with additional commisioner and today is 45th day, but no sign of information and this is regarding deletion of wrongly shown amount of 1.9 lakhs against a house owned by my wife.

coming to main querry, the sanctioned plan is supposed to be with the builder and the applicant can ask him to show it, if he dodges then you have to approach GVMC for a copy .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love RTI INDIA- Online RTI? Tell a friend!
  • Members

    • Prasad GLN
  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy