Rilu

RTI to Passport Office. Regarding booklet provided with less pages than paid for

Question

Rilu

I have recently applied for passport and I received it yesterday. (Passport Office Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh)

The problem is I have applied for 60 pages booklet and accordingly paid the fees but I was given one with 36 pages.

Now I want to ask

1. why and under which rule I am given booklet with less pages.

2.Why I have not been given booklet which I paid for.

3. Have they posted any information regarding this matter on the website.

4. Am I entitled for refund?

5. If its a mistake, who is responsible?

6. how many person have received booklets who paid extra and received smaller booklet within last year

7. I also want to ask whether it comes under Consumer Forum so that I can have a case there.

Please help me draft an RTI regarding this matter.

I'll be applying via online portal of Central Govt. for applying RTI

Regards

Varun

3 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

This is a simple matter and file application seeking information as follows through traditional method of Registered post.

Application dt.2nd Mar, 2015 seeking information under RTI Act filed

Before CPIO, Passport Officer, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh with

RTI Fee: Indian Postal Order No...for Rs.10/- fvg Accounts officer, PPO payable at Ghaziabad

Applicant:

Brief facts: Applicant has applied for 60 pages booklet and accordingly paid the fees but he was given one with 36 pages- No of Passport....... Issued on.....

Information solicited:

1)Please provide me the reasons for accepting fees for 60 pages and issuing 36 pages book let only of lessor cost.

2.Please provide the procedure under which applicant was not provided with refund of fees and explanation for giving 36 pages only while sending passport.

Ghaziabad

2nd Mar, 15.............................Applicant.

CTFORGK2

It appears as grievance .

Also think of COMPLAINTS and if no action or delay .chase status of complaints by rti .

Along with your rti

If you wish you can avail complaints grievance redress facilities .

With regards

Rilu
It appears as grievance .

Also think of COMPLAINTS and if no action or delay .chase status of complaints by rti .

Along with your rti

If you wish you can avail complaints grievance redress facilities .

With regards

Thanks for suggestion. I have filed my grievance here

I hope they redress it otherwise I'll follow case with RTI