Krishna nlr

Question

Krishna nlr

Hi Team,

When we give some application to any Govt office, if there is no reply from them then we can file an RTI for asking an status of that Requestion. I would like to know the section for that application...under what section from RTI Act 2005 we write that RTI application? Can someone help me

10 answers to this question

MANOJ B. PATEL

Dear member, for your ready reference section 6 of RTI Act is reproduced below.

Section 6: Request for obtaining information

6. (1) A person, who desires to obtain any information under this Act, shall make a request in writing or through electronic means in English or Hindi or in the official language of the area in which the application is being made, accompanying such fee as may be prescribed, to—

(a) the Central Public Information Officer or State Public Information Officer, as the case may be, of the concerned public authority;

(b) the Central Assistant Public Information Officer or State Assistant Public Information Officer, as the case may be, specifying the particulars of the information sought by him or her:

Provided that where such request cannot be made in writing, the Central Public Information Officer or State Public Information Officer, as the case may be, shall render all reasonable assistance to the person making the request orally to reduce the same in writing.

(2) An applicant making request for information shall not be required to give any reason for requesting the information or any other personal details except those that may be necessary for contacting him.

(3) Where an application is made to a public authority requesting for an information,—

(i) which is held by another public authority; or

(ii) the subject matter of which is more closely connected with the functions of another public authority, the public authority, to which such application is made, shall transfer the application or such part of it as may be appropriate to that other public authority and inform the applicant immediately about such transfer:

Provided that the transfer of an application pursuant to this sub-section shall be made as soon as practicable but in no case later than five days from the date of receipt of the application.

koteswararaonerella

When you filed RTI to PIO and there is no reply you need to go for First appeal and what is the use if you file for Action report from the same PIO who will not reply that also since he has not taken any action.

Prasad GLN

What can you do with that information ?

Even he provides the information, you can get relief only if you file complaint to SIC which takes minimum of one year ?

Why do you irritate PIO and drag the issue, when RTI gives a separate chance of first and second appeal.

File First Appeal. If PIO fails to respond, he will be digging his own grave, why should you be bothered. Your process becomes easy for second appeal before SIC and entire second appeal can be reduced in one page including RTI Application and first appeal.

Krishna nlr

Guys, Sorry for the confusion and I was not talking about RTI application status. My Question is when you send some application(i.e funds misuse, have all the reports then i will send the complaint) if there is no reply from my complaint, i would like to file an RTI to get the status of my complaint. I was looking for an Section details to send my RTI Application for the status of the complaint. Hope this clarified now.

Krishna nlr

Guys, Sorry for the confusion with previous question and I was not talking about RTI application status. My Question is when you send some complaint to Govt Office(i.e funds misuse, have all the reports then i will send the complaint to respective officer) if there is no reply for my complaint, i would like to file an RTI to get the status of my complaint. I was looking for an Section details to send my RTI Application for the status of the complaint. Hope this clarified now.

• Administrators
rtiindia

Hi mkrishnamraju and welcome to RTI INDIA- Right to Information! This is an introductory reply and members of our forum shall reply to your specific query shortly.

You have just made a post at our community which is dedicated to helping you in matters of Right to Information. If you are new to RTI, you should read this article here What is Right to Information? - Guide. And if you are interested in reading the whole RTI Act please go to the following link: Right to Information Act 2005 [RTI Wiki]

PLEASE NOTE: We may not be able to answer your query conclusively, if it is not related to RTI, like finding a mobile number, vehicle registration number etc. These are not related to RTI.

mkrishnamraju here are some more links for you to explore about #RTI:

1. Download RTI Forms: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/docs/cat/11-sample-rti-forms/

2. Read here about How to Become RTI Activist

3. Read here RTI Online- Step by Step Guide to File RTI Online

4. Here you shall find various Centre / State RTI Rules and Fees: http://www.rtiindia.org/guide/centrestate-rti-rules-and-fees-3/

5. Read here about various case laws of RTI: http://www.rtiindia.org/law/

Thank You!

• Super Moderator
karira
Guys, Sorry for the confusion and I was not talking about RTI application status. My Question is when you send some application(i.e funds misuse, have all the reports then i will send the complaint) if there is no reply from my complaint, i would like to file an RTI to get the status of my complaint. I was looking for an Section details to send my RTI Application for the status of the complaint. Hope this clarified now.

I understood your query perfectly and also gave you the correct solution in my post No. 4 above.

It seems you did not read my post and nor visited the link.

Please do so and revert back in case you still face any problems/doubts/queries.

Prasad GLN

We are not confused Krishnam Raju garu,

You should be in a position to know the subtle differences while posting.

Application means in this portal always application seeking information.

Complaint is different. In your post you have mentioned complaint against some officials. In RTI complaint means complaint under Sec.18

Petition is different.

Redressal of grievances is different and RTI Process is not redressal process.

Finally, what we understood is that you have complained / reported or brought to the attention of some authorities , some violations or some discrepancies and asked them to take action.

Now you wanted to seek information as to what happened to those applications (Your meaning)

Under RTI Act, what ever is available on records can only be provided to you. If no action is taken, they will either remain silent or simple reply is 'Filed' or 'Lodged"

Now you read what members suggested you for your queries.