CJI vs CIC at Delhi high court.

drsayantan

Friends,

I desperately want the copy of the petition filed by the CJI at the delhi HC against the CIC's order binding the SC registry to provide the declaration of assets of the SC judges and CJI as claimed by the one MR SC Agarwal.

If the copy of the said petition is with anybody, please post it on the website or kindly mail it to me at xxx@yyy.zzz or send the web address from where it can be available.

Regards,

Sayantan Banerjee.

Ravi Maheshwari

Dr. Banerjee, It is for the first time the apex court moving a lower court over a dispute. At this juncture, only Delhi HC and Petitioner can have copy of the petition.

• Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O

High Court may forbid dissemination of the Petition in question, being subjudice and in that case Sec-8(1)(b) come into play and copy of petition may not be accessed.

sandeepbaheti

High Court is a legal body and is bound by the law. It cannot go against the law, and prohibit disclosure of whatever documents it wants. If courts had such power, Supreme Court would have directly prohibited disclosure of judges' assets and there was no need for it to file writ petition before High Court.

• Super Moderator
High Court may forbid dissemination of the Petition in question, being subjudice and in that case Sec-8(1)(b) come into play and copy of petition may not be accessed.

Just because the matter is sub-judice, does not mean that information cannot be disclosed. This is only possible if any court has expressly forbidden the disclosure of information:

8.1.b.information which has been expressly forbidden to be published by any court of law or tribunal or the disclosure of which may constitute contempt of court;

There are several CIC orders on these lines.

friends,

karira, sandip baheti, raveena_o, ravi maheshwari, and taurus

thanks for your replies.

Hope you'll go through my next post, dated 20-01-2009, regarding the same issue.

Taurus somewhat misunderstood me & thought that I want the CIC order. I'm sorry, but I'm not that back-dated sir!!:)

I just wanted the petition by CJI/ SC registry, dated 16th jan, 2009.

However I have posted the detail of latest update in the second post.

I beg for everyone's pardon, as I don't have a computer and Net of my own, and have to use a local cybercafe, for which, I'm quiet irregular and slow in response. Hope you'd forgive me for that.

Regards

Sayantan Banerjee

For Karira,

This particular petition, the copy of which I had asked for, is not any "information which has been expressly forbidden to be published by any court of law or tribunal"

Still, thanks for your concern.

Regards

Sayantan Banerjee