Jump to content
  • 0

RTI for electricity meter. Does it exist?




I stay in Gurgaon and our electricity department has recently changed our meter. Before this I used to be billed heavily during summers and not as much during winters, which is fair. In summers I use A/C which can speed up the reading, and in winters I do not even use heaters at home. Other appliances are also bare minimal. But recently the electricity department changed the meter, in winters. My usage remains the same, but my bill has become 5 times. When I tried reaching out to them, their standard reply is older meters never worked, which is why they were replaced. How can meters that work in summers, start working in winters. All of this falls on deaf ears. Is there anyway I can file an RTI to have the issue looked into and get me answers. I am an individual with no earning, so any such escalation in bills is highly damaging. I appreciate your support and guidance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Welcome to RTI INDIA PORTAL. Thank you for choosing RTI INDIA PORTAL.


Please click the following link and read through the topics:


RTI Information


Please do not post in to multiple forums or start multiple threads. You need to study links on home page of this website and then start drafting RTI for common problem of specific issues etc. You can post draft RTI application on this portal so that our members can refine it. Thus you will be having working knowledge of RTI over a period of time. Please also visit this website often and peruse queries and replies by our members, which will make you comfortable with RTI.


Dear Member, in addition,


If you are interested in reading the whole RTI Act please go to the following link:


Right to Information Act 2005 [RTI Wiki]


To explore about RTI kindly refer following links


(A) Download RTI Forms

(B) How to Become RTI Activist

© How to file RTI Online

(D) Centre / State RTI Rules and Fees

(E) Case laws of RTI


Regard & Best Wishes.

Manoj B.Patel

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
  • Super Moderator

Under RTI you can only seek and obtain information. RTI is not a tool to settle grievances.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

RTI is not intended for Grievance redressaL and for that you need to register your complaint and you have got the option of getting your meter recalibrated

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love RTI INDIA- Online RTI? Tell a friend!
  • Members

    • Prasad GLN
    • Abhijeet4u Tiwari
  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy