Jump to content
  • 0

need central govt department - for this RTI -




can someone please advise me on the highest level of authority at the central level that we go as far as land encroachment is concerned.

at the state level, the highest level that i know of is collector office in the below order

VAO-tahsildar-Revenue inspector -collectors office (in the state of tamilnadu)..

i would like to know the ministry or department that i should for this in the RTIONLINE website.

this is in reference to filing a RTI for a temple land supposedly under some encroachment...

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Land encroachment is a subject related to state government. Only if a land which is under control of central government is encroached then central govt. comes in picture.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
  • Moderators

In municipal areas it is Municipal Commissioner or Chief Officer of Municipality. You may also approach Chief Secretary of Urban Development Dept of the State.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Prasad GLN

Govt. Land encroachment is within RTI Purview and even PIL is direct remedy.

For private lands, only Courts can provide remedy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
  • Super Moderator

If the temple belongs to a public trust, PIL can be filed. Generally such encroachment is done with cannivance of insiders.


For Encroachment in private land, you may consult a good lawyer and approach civil court.


The highest or lowest officers do nothing. You cannot evict encroachment using RTI.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0


raveena - yes it is being done with connivance of a local sitting MLA as far as i understand..

filing a PIL is my eventual target..but want to gather some info and facts from the officilas in writing by way of RTI before i do that

this land falls under town panchayat that is soon becoming a corporation..at the outskirts of city.

so will it still be with the secretary of urban development or is there anything for rural..?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love RTI INDIA- Online RTI? Tell a friend!
  • Members

    • Prasad GLN
  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy