Jump to content
  • 0

Police filed FIR for filing RTI requesting information about in-laws income tax filing and govenrment welfare schemes





My wife filed false dowry cases on me and my parents. The case is in court and we are all participating in the trial. We filed RTI to get information about my in-laws income tax returns, various welfare schemes of Depart of Rural Development in which my in-laws are taking advantage of. We wanted to use this information to show the financial status of my in-laws family in the court when appropriate. The concerned PIOs replied to our RTIs in time with information requested.


My wife filed a complaint in police station saying that by filing RTIs to income tax department and Department of Rural development we are harassing her and her family. The police opened FIR.


RTI is a fundamental right and we used it to protect ourselves in the court. My wife who is looking for opportunities to file more false cases on us has been very persistent and successful in getting a FIR opened. Please advice whom should I write to help in this regard.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Welcome to RTI INDIA PORTAL. Thank you for choosing RTI INDIA PORTAL.


Please click the following link and read through the topics:


RTI Information


Please do not post in to multiple forums or start multiple threads. You need to study links on home page of this website and then start drafting RTI for common problem of specific issues etc. You can post draft RTI application on this portal so that our members can refine it. Thus you will be having working knowledge of RTI over a period of time. Please also visit this website often and peruse queries and replies by our members, which will make you comfortable with RTI.


Dear Member, in addition,


If you are interested in reading the whole RTI Act please go to the following link:


Right to Information Act 2005 [RTI Wiki]


To explore about RTI kindly refer following links


(A) Download RTI Forms

(B) How to Become RTI Activist

© How to file RTI Online

(D) Centre / State RTI Rules and Fees

(E) Case laws of RTI


Regard & Best Wishes.

Manoj B.Patel

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Dear member, you can only represent your difficulties before senior police officer with a request to investigate independently. If you feel that FIR is false and you can prove it then best way is to file W.P for quashing the FIR.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Prasad GLN

Now you can file RTI Application seeking information from SPIO of that police station as follows:


Brief facts: FIR No.........


"Please provide me the sections/Acts under which seeking information from Public Authorities amounts to Harassment"

Please inform as to the name of the persons that can be treated as harassed, when information was sought from Public Authorities independently without any link to that third party.


Please provide me copy of FIR enabling me to take up the case with appropriate forum.



Wait for reply and then report to Information Commission and as well to Dist. Supdt., of Police and as well to Human Rights Commission.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
harinder dhingra

Learned Mr Karira Sir,


Most humbly beg to differ with you on this. T


The Police of India can file FIR (First Information Report) for anything and everything under the sun.


In Gurgaon, the Police is contemplating of filing FIR against undersigned for raising the issue of theft of electricity allegedly by Deputy Commissioner of Police (east), Gurgaon as for 28th months as the electricity connection of esteemed office of learned DCP East Gurgaon was without electricity connection but it worked with 4 AC/s, 7 Coolers, 18 fans 742 tube-lights and explanation given was that all of these appliances "worked" on Invertors. When asked how Invertors were charged, the reply was "alternate arrangements" but on reply to undersigned RTI, the learned SPIO cum ACP HQ, Gurgaon informs that there is nothing on record as far as making arrangements for charging the invertors.


I am waiting them to file FIR against undersigned for asking information under RTI and make fool of themselves.


harinder dhingra.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

do you have copy of FIR file by police ( for RTI application ) if no pl. first have that

file RTI with police and have legible & certified copy complaint filed by your wife to police

my view is you are presuming

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love RTI INDIA- Online RTI? Tell a friend!
  • Members

    No members to show

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy