Jump to content
  • 0

how to get status report from police dept.




Complainant has given letter to concern Police Dept.in the Month of October,2014 for withdrawing charges under 498a,406,34 etc.

No information from Police Dept. regarding Action taken by them on the withdrawals.

What to do now?

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Once complaint is registered u/s 498A etc. complainant can not withdraw it at police station level. But if a simple application is given and offence is not registered applicant can request not to proceed further. You can file RTI application to the PIO of concerned police station with a request to provide copy of status/final report of action taken on withdrawal application.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

YES 498a once registered cannot be compunded like an ON/OFF button.

Once a lady invokes 498a against husband then it becomes STATE VERSUS HUSBAND & ORS


Only in Hyderabad Compounding is allowed & NOT in Other states.


If you seriously want to withdraw it then please write details like allegations made by you , different dates, why you want to withdraw. Remember that if you are repenting that you made a mistake to file a case/ false case or whatever then write KHUL K in detail because if you will write the truth in totality then I will guide you through in a crispy & direct manner. And please also spread the message in the society so that people stop filing cases on diversion by relatives or other reasons

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Dear hrushi12,


We do not aspect much from you but at least you should reply after receiving reply of your query weather any offence is registered or not?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love RTI INDIA- Online RTI? Tell a friend!
  • Members

    No members to show

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy