Faa decision procedure

debaprasad92

Question

debaprasad92

Can a FAA decided a case without inviting applicant? In my case FAA send me his decision letter. I am attaching it below. Kindly read and share your valuable opinion.

Thank you.

1428655962182.jpg

19 answers to this question

MANOJ B. PATEL

Dear member,

FAA has to conduct a hearing for deciding the first appeal - after issuing "Notice of Hearing" to PIO and to the appellant/applicant.

Although it is not mentioned in the RTI Act 2005, it is part of the "principles of natural justice" that no person can be condemned without hearing him/her.

There is no mandatory provision under the RTI Act or State RTI Rules to call an appellant u/s 19(1) for hearing as a condition precedent for deciding appeal by appellate authority.

MANOJ B. PATEL
I have forgotten to mention personal hearing in my rti application.

No need to mention in FA for hearing. You may file second appeal.

• Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O

What about the information supplied by FAA? If the FAA had decided to supply the information fully, there seems to be no purpose in conducting a hearing. If you are not satisfied with the decision of FAA, you may file Second Appeal before the Information Commission, within 90 days from the decision.

• Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O

Strange! File fresh application with IPO and submit it by Speed Post Ack Due. Take a photo copy of filled-in IPO at the bottom or back side of RTI Application which is sent to PIO as well as your own copy. Don't attach the list of information as annexure, but include it in body of RTI Application itself.

If you have proof of submitting IPO and Annexure along with your earlier RTI Application, you can file Second Appeal.

debaprasad92

I have all Xerox copies..I think pio thrown away my ipo and annexure...the FAA also given one page information..while in his order he says i dont ask any questions..

Prasad GLN

At the same time, take another copy of your RTI Application and fresh IPO and submit the same RTI Application once again to PIO (if PIO & FAA stays at same place). Then you have to spend another Rs.10/- RTI fee extra, (as envelope is one and the same and three legal size papers can be posted with minimum of Rs.22/- Registration fee) but it saves time and other expenditure for second appeal, and now the attitude of PIO/FAA also comes out.

Before that post your RTI Application immediately and let members reconstruct the queries to avoid interrogatory type of queries. You will get a more refined application that can be posted by Monday.

• Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O

If PIO/FAA do not have Annexure containing queries, how can he supply information? It is possible that you might have reproduced the information sought (query) in your First Appeal or made contentions about information sought.

File Second Appeal. It may take long time for hearing and decision. Therefore, alternatively file fresh RTI Application and seek information as suggested in earlier post.

debaprasad92

I think i will file the same tomorrow by hand. I have decided to file another rti application for inspection of records. They fully cheated in my case. I know both of them as my lectures. If they will provide data, then principal will be in jail. So they found a new way.

debaprasad92

In my 1st appeal I just said i sought information regarding contractual staff appointment. And clearly mentioned that every details in rti annexure. If I have not given ipo, then why pio accepted it. Why not he rejected it? I ashamed myself that my college campus is full of these type of lectures.

• Moderators
Sunil Ahya

How did you submit your RTI application: By Hand or by Post ?

The Information seeking queries have to be in the body of the RTI application itself, why is there an annexure for the same?

koteswararaonerella

it is for the FAA to conduct hearing or not ad the RTI applicant cannot insist for that. secondly , he has rightly said that your RTI fee is not received nor you are shown that you are a BPL candidate therefore you answer him so that you will get the reply. and if not satisfied then you go for second appeal.

debaprasad92

Mr. Koteswar ji, I have attached ipo with my application. I have its xerox copies. I send it by post. So if pio will cheat like this then what can I do.

• Moderators
Sunil Ahya

Irrespective of whether the information required is one single question (point) or more than one, ideally they should be there in the body of the RTI application, there is no need to separately annex it.

Nevertheless, can you copy / paste the information queries raised by you (remove any personal identification information) here in this thread, so that the members can guide you further.