Delay in making corrections in fixing Pension

N S Gandhi Prasad

Question

N S Gandhi Prasad

Hello,

I retired as Associate Professor from Dr PDKV Akola. ( Agricultural University Maharashtra ) After implementation of VI pay Scales, my pension was revised. But during this process they have not taken Govt Gr into consideration and took 33 years of service as requirement for 100 percent Pension ( i.e. 50% of the Total emoluments ) But as per GR No PEN 1009/C.R. 33/SER-4 Mantralaya Mumbai 400 032 dated 22nd June 2009 of Govt of Maharshtra only 20 years of service is required fro 100 % pension. I have completed only 30 years of service and University granted only 90% of the pension instead of 100 %.

Further the same GR clearly states that the emoluments should be taken as (1) Average Pay of 10 months or (2) Emoluments drawn in the month of retirement which ever is beneficial to the employee. In my case they considered 4 moths of pay in unrevised scale and Six moths pay in the revised scale. The average of these 10 months is much smaller than what I have drawn in the month of retirement. i.e. June 2006.

University is not responding to my request for re revision of my pension. I am now 68 years old. How I can get the my grievance attended? I avoid court procedures because of their time consuming and expensive nature. Please advise me suitably so that some benefits I can realize during my life time.

Thanks in Advance to every one

4 answers to this question

• Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O

This is not the first case of PKV wherein pension fixation is incorrect. Please file a detailed and well drafted representation before the Chancellor attaching relevant documents. In the case of another retired Professor, PKV is yet to take a decision to fix pension properly. PKV will not settle the issue easily. You have to knock the doors of judiciary for justice.

MANOJ B. PATEL

Dear member, best and short way is to file a representation to the authority and wait for response. If they do not respond positive without delay file a W.P. in hon'ble high court. It will take maximum 3,4 months time but you will get justice.

• Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O

Since the University and College Tribunals are being constituted, it would be better to get advice of your Counsel / Lawyer with regard to filing of judicial proceedings.