NMC still making RTI applicants run around

MANOJ B. PATEL

MANOJ B. PATEL

Nagpur: The Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC) has continued to neglect the orders passed by the State Information Commission. The civic body is yet to make arrangements for receiving Right to Information (RTI) application and fee at its zonal offices. It continues to force the RTI applicants to travel up to the head office at Civil Lines for paying nominal charges.

TOI had highlighted the State Information Commission's order directing the NMC to accept RTI charges at zonal offices. The orders were passed on a complaint lodged by RTI activist TH Naidu on April 10. A resident of Khare Town Anant Dakshindas told TOI no arrangement had been made to receive RTI charges at Dharampeth Zone office. "I made an application seeking information under the RTI Act. The NMC sent a letter dated April 23 asking me to pay Rs 44. The letter itself said the charges should be paid at the NMC's Civil Lines head office. It cost me more than the charge itself to travel to head office besides the time consumed. I was delighted to learn of State Information Commission's order but it is of no help to citizens yet," he said.Read more at;

NMC still making RTI applicants run around - The Times of India

• Tell a friend

Love RTI INDIA- Online RTI? Tell a friend!
  • Members

No members to show

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts