Is my Mother(Widow) entitled to receive pension from Mazgaon Dock?

nairsandeepk

Question

nairsandeepk

Hello,

My father was an ex-employee of Mazgaon Dock and was retired as Stores manager in the year Sep-1988 adter a service of nearly 18 years.He passed away in the year 2004 and had never received any kind of pension until then.Recently,I came across one of my friend whose father works for Mazgaon Doc and he did mention that they do have pension benefits.

1)Would my Mother who is 70 + years old be eligible for any pension(My father for soem reason had not received any kind of pension until h ewas alive for some reason).

2)Was the provision for pension sanctioned for Mazgaon Doc employees later than 2004?In that case would my mother be entitled for my father's pension?

Thank You.

Sandeep

3 answers to this question

MANOJ B. PATEL

Welcome to RTI INDIA PORTAL. Thank you for choosing RTI INDIA PORTAL.

Please click the following link and read through the topics:

RTI Information

Please do not post in to multiple forums or start multiple threads. You need to study links on home page of this website and then start drafting RTI for common problem of specific issues etc. You can post draft RTI application on this portal so that our members can refine it. Thus you will be having working knowledge of RTI over a period of time. Please also visit this website often and peruse queries and replies by our members, which will make you comfortable with RTI.

Dear Member, in addition,

If you are interested in reading the whole RTI Act please go to the following link:

Right to Information Act 2005 [RTI Wiki]

To explore about RTI kindly refer following links

(A) Download RTI Forms

(B) How to Become RTI Activist

© How to file RTI Online

(D) Centre / State RTI Rules and Fees

(E) Case laws of RTI

Moreover, kindly file RTI application to the PIO, Mazgaon Doc Ltd. with a request to provide information, rules, regulations, provisions, norms, circulars issued for the pension of a widow of ex employee.

With Regards & Best Wishes.

Manoj B.Patel

• Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O

What was the reason for your father not getting pension? Widow is entitled for family pension only when the retired &/or deceased employee was drawing pension.

The case is more than 25 years old and the record retention period (of service register) is only 5 years after retirement.

Prasad GLN

If you have proof that your father was an exemployee as official record, try and take a chance of seeking information as follows

Application dt.....seeking information under RTI filed

Before CPIO, Mazon dock yard..............................with

RTI fee: Indian Postal order Rs.10/- fvg Accounts officer, Mazgaon Dock.

Applicant:....................................

Brief Facts: Shri.........................worked as. stores Manager and has retired on................. and expired on...................- Eligibility of widow pension.

Information solicited:

Please provide me as the widow of an employee who retired in Sept, 1988 after serving for 18 years is now eligible for pension and new rules and regulations.

Please provide me a copy of such circular and procedure for applying pension as the widow is 70 + age and badly suffering for need of sustenance.

Please provide the name of welfare officer, mobile no....who can be contacted for more information.

Place

Date.........................Applicant.

Please send application by Regd. Post. Preserve IPO counter foil and postal receipt duly pasted on copy of your application and report back after 40 days from date of posting whether CPIO responses or not.