Encumbrance Certificate

princesakthi

Question

princesakthi

Hello,

I Need Encumbrance Certificate for my Land in Erode - Tamilnadu from 1940 to 1980. I have from 1987 Only. Previous Details I dont Know.

So I Contact Sub Registrar Office People. And Applied for Encumbrance Certificate. Initially They refuesed to Received my Application. Finally they received without any acknowledgement.

The Sub Registrar Office People telling that Old records are very damaged condition. So we cant do anything.

How to get my Encumbrance Certificate for my Land in Erode - Tamilnadu from 1940 to 1980.

11 answers to this question

D.T.RATHAVA

resoected sir

land record is a permanent type record (Encumbrance and other right)file RTI Sub Registrar Office and seek information about your land's old record. what say about record and then after decide further.

Prasad GLN

Please kindly enlighten the use of seeking EC before 1987 and purpose of such EC as we wanted to learn the purpose/use. (This is not reply...Your query was replied in post No.3)

D.T.RATHAVA
Please kindly enlighten the use of seeking EC before 1987 and purpose of such EC as we wanted to learn the purpose/use. (This is not reply...Your query was replied in post No.3)

HO'S/ SIR,

encumbrance is registered in land in column of other right (by entry number.) its needs to cancel, for this cancellation needs, it is not cancelled without encumbrance certificate

IF any circular/order by gov. to not necessary before 1987 encumbrance kindly provide it

Prasad GLN

As per my limited knowledge, it is not a title deed of the property, and discloses as to who is in physical possession and enjoyment of the land rights for a period of last 15 prior to date of applying EC as per Public records. If there are certain changes it reflects such changes including mortgages'/ part sales. In case of possession (adverse possession), the person shown as occupier is entitled to all rights of a owner. According to me it shows encumberances for the last maximum 15 years on property including sales and mortgages keeping in mind limitation period.

Further there were many shifting of records due to more formation of Registrar's office at several places in India, and all records for so many years may not be at one place. One should find out the maintenance of that past record and present record and file ECs separately at both the offices taking cut off period into account.

If there are more uses, kindly enlighten me. EC confirms additionally physical possession and the position that it is not otherwise dealt, encumbered.

I never told the necessity of such EC before 1987 and really wanted to know additional purpose honestly.

Please note through posts, I wish to learn and not question a thing as right or wrong and I never point any mistakes.

Prasad GLN

Strict Discipline in the forum. Even super moderator himself moving the threads and taking all the trouble himself.

• Super Moderator
karira
Strict Discipline in the forum. Even super moderator himself moving the threads and taking all the trouble himself.

I used to do previously also but not post what I have done, in the thread.

Now I am going to post...so that the thread starter and the other members who reply will be forced to read my comments and posts.

Prasad GLN

Additional burden on super moderator, for innocence or ignorance of new members ?