arm licence transfer

bullet7207

Question

bullet7207

Hello,

My father is holding a arm licence and a .32 bore revolver. Now that he is getting aged,can I transfer his licence and weapon in my name. I am 37 yrs old.

3 answers to this question

D.T.RATHAVA

HELLO,

The applicant should bring the application form along with the required documents to the Licensing Unit, on any working day between 9.30 AM to 12.30 PM. His arms license will be stamped accordingly. After expiry of 45 days period and in absence of any adverse report from local police, applicant should approach this office for obtaining permission to sell/transfer/gift the said weapon. He must sell the weapon with in 1 month of obtaining the permission.

Delhi Police : LICENSING BRANCH

Delhi Police : LICENSING BRANCH

Transfer of Arms License can be done on two conditions - a) When the original licencee is alive- 1. During his life-time, the licencee may transfer the arms licence to legal heirs by making an application in plain paper. 2. The person to whom licence is to be transferred shall apply on Form A. b) When the original licencee has expired- 1. Application shall be made in Form A. 2. No objection from the legal heirs, in the form of an affidavit sworn before a magistrate. 3. Two passport size photographs.

http://www.archive.india.gov.in/howdo/onlineservice_detail.php?id=2247

MANOJ B. PATEL

With due respect, it is not mandatory for licensing authority to transfer the license on receiving applications from original licencee and his legal heir. Moreover, i think Arm License can not be transferred but on getting a new license by heir the Arm & Ammunition of original licencee can be transferred to heir.

Prasad GLN

Wait for few days, a new bill is being introduced making the terms more liberal. Hon Manoj is right. License to hold it is given in Individual names whereas weapon transfer is permitted after that.