RTI reply did not get..

ajayhisar

Question

ajayhisar

Hello,

i sent a letter of RTI with all formality like DD etc to IBPS Mumbai on dated 07 march 2015. but till now i did not get any letter of IBPS.

7 answers to this question

Prasad GLN

IBPS not a Public Authority and not within ambit of RTI Act and you will not receive any response/reply from them.

But as an affected party, you have a right to seek information from them under CP Acst and hence take a chance and issue a notice to them asking them either to provide the information or return the demand draft. There is deficiency of service from them under CP Act.

MANOJ B. PATEL

R/Prasad sir, can you please guide weather any court matter is pending related to IBPS in following decision?

Appeal: No. CIC/DS/A/2011/000802

Appellant /Complainant : Shri Ashwani Kumar Avasthi,

Aligarh

Public Authority : State Bank of India,l Mumbai

(Shri Ravinandan Thakur, CPIO -

Sir, in above decision IBPS was directed to provide information under RTI Act.

Prasad GLN

I could not immediately give reference, but I remember to have have read that IBPS was not directly financed by Govt., and some Public Authorities only contributed for IBPS and as such it is not a Public Authority. Let Moderators enlighten present position, as I am not following that.

Hon.Manoj. The Public Authority you have mentioned in your post appears to be SBI.

MANOJ B. PATEL

Sir, with your permission i reproduce concerned para of IC's decision.

" IBPS, has been delegated an exclusive power/permission for conducting Common Recruitment Programme for recruitment of both Clerks and Officers in Public Sector Banks (SBI in the present case) on behalf of Government of India via letter no. 10/30/1/2010*IR dated 20 September 2010 to The Director, IBPS, by Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance, Government of India, thus making IBPS an "Agency" which operates under the authority/control of the Central Government to carry out such recruitment programmes in Public Sector Banks and thereby IBPS comes under the meaning of Public authority under section 2 (h) (i) of RTI Act, 2005.

" Therefore IBPS has an obligation of being transparent to the citizens of the country in discharging public function of recruitment of both clerks and Officers in Public Sector Banks all over India and hence in line with the Preamble of the RTI Act read with Section 2 (h) (i), it is required to discharge its obligations under Section 4 and Section 6 of the RTI Act.

12. In respect of disclosure of information as sought under point VI, Commission directs the CPIO to provide the same to the Appellant after blocking/severing the marks awarded to other candidates during that Interview Session.

13. The Commission hereby, with respect to the Second appeal directs IBPS, Mumbai and SBI to furnish the OMR Sheet, Question booklet and correct answer keys under section 7 of the RTI Act, 2005 as desired by Appellant within two weeks of the Receipt of the Order.

R/Rathava sir, which blog and whose are you quoting?

Prasad GLN

Hon Manoj saab, most of these authorities do not like to come into ambit of RTI Act, and they might have filed petitions in Delhi High Court against CIC decision and if my memory is proper, the judgment came in favour of IBPS only.

• Super Moderator
karira

The matter related to IBPS being a public authority is in Court.

Better to file the RTI application with the Bank to whom you applied for the job.