I asked and not getting any reply UNDER RTI

Ganesh Kumar 107

Question

Ganesh Kumar 107

Hello,

This is bring to your kind attention, I am Ganesh Kumar (S/O) Udhaya kumar, aged about 24 years permenant residential citizen of india, As Per RTI Act of 2005, I am seeking the following informations.

(i) List the number persons having own property in kaladipet as per adangal register (List A Copy).

(i) List all the owner’s name and their respective Survey number’s, with the exact property measurement details along with their patta number as per adangal register record.

I am looking to obtaining the above information in the form of electronic mail and through printouts in A4 Size Paper with approval seal and signature by a respective officer.

I request you to provide information within 30 (Thirty) days on receipt of my application received from a day as per the RTI Act of 2005.

In receipt of processing my request, I acknowledge you, I meet all the expenses to obtain the above information.

Thanking you,

Place: Chennai Yours faithfully,

Date: 23TH Of March 2015 U.Ganesh Kumar.

3 answers to this question

MANOJ B. PATEL

Dear member, you can file RTI application with a request to provide information you want but you can not get it in the form of electronic mail. PIO is under obligation to provide you certified photocopies of information sought by you from record if it is available.

Prasad GLN

This portal is meant for guiding citizens in seeking information from Public Authorities under RTI Act and can not provide any information direct to you.

It appears from the post that RTI Application was dated 23rd Mar, 15 and the name of Public Authority and Public information officer was not stated in RTI Application. There is nothing in RTI Application that shows that RTI fee was paid.

It is not possible to guess as to what is exactly your requirement. If you wanted to file RTI Application, file it before SPIO of that Village Revenue officer or Panchayat as per Tamilnadu RTI rules and regulatiolns in format and fees.

If you have already filed application, but not provided correct SPIO address and no information was received, ensure correct submission to proper SPIO with RTI fee and even when the information was not provided after this, file First Appeal before First Appellate Authority over SPIO stating the Grounds for Appeal: "deemed denial" as SPIO has neither provided information nor denied information within 30 days from receipt of the application and pray for directions to SPIO for providing of information as expeditiously as possible free of cost.

• Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O

It seems that the applicant misunderstood our portal as the on-line RTI portal and submitted his RTI Request.

As suggested in above post, file RTI Application in hard copy duly signed, along with prescribed application fee, with the PIO of the Revenue Department under whose territorial jurisdiction Kaladipet falls. Submit it by Speed Post Acknowledgement Due.

The information mentioned in Post no.1 above may be volumnous and the PIO may ask you to deposit thousands of rupees. It is better to seek information pertaining to a particular Sheet Number or Gat Number or Patwari Halka Number or Survey No. ...... to Survey No....... etc of your interest, instead of seeking records of the entire area of Kaladipet.