Missing documents in RTI reply

Asmin

Question

I filed a RTI regarding encroachment of municipal land.

I requested for certified copy of office note through which my RTI application was dealt with.

I received RTI reply from PIO stating that office notes are enclosed along with.However I do not see any office notes papers in the documents received.

I requested for RTI reply via Registered post.However I received RTI reply documents in person from a municipal staff delivered to my home.Office Notes are missing.

I feel fishy

Should I go for appeal to get missing Office Notes or write to the PIO?

Please advice

9 answers to this question

• Super Moderator
RAVEENA_O

Time limit for filing first appeal is 30 days from the date of receipt of PIO's reply. PIO has taken a decision to supply the note sheet in question, but did not attach the said note sheet with the decision notice, as allegedly enclosed. The PIO has mischievously sent reply that the Note Sheet is attached. The decision was sent per bearer with a view to avoid assessing the weight of the envelop and its contents. PIO has intentionally not supplied the information sought but sent a letter merely as an empty formality.

Relief sought: Direct the PIO to supply the Note sheet in question free of charge within 7 days from the date of receipt of this appeal.

Should I file a first appeal or just write letter to PIO asking him to supply notesheet free of charge within 7 days?

I got the Apellate authority office address for first appeal.They have an email ID mentioned.Shall I file first appeal by email?

koteswararaonerella

there are two options before you,

1. to ask the muncipal office to supply the enclosures which were not received.

or else

you can file first appeal and there after second appeal etc as your prime interest is to get information , you talk to muncipal office and get the documents

I sent an email to Commissioner that note-sheets are missing.Today I got a call from dispatch clerk(bearer) at Municipal Office stating that he delivered the office note sheets and asked me to check

My RTI question was

1.Please get me the certified copy of the Office Note through which my RTI application dated 09/02/1015 was dealt.

To the above question they have enclosed RTI reply letter again with signed as TRUE COPY.The dispatch clerk(bearer) says this TRUE COPY is the office note sheet.

I don't think its an office note.Please clarify as how to proceed.Further the dispatch clerk has asked me to come to Municipal Office and select the documents I needed. Please help

Prasad GLN

Mostly office notes are written on the application received itself. Kindly check on the office copy of RTI Application received. ( Many Public Authorities insist for some blank space on RTI Application)

What you wish to do with office notes on RTI Application ?