physically Disabled By accident

Rameshrajkumar

Question

Rameshrajkumar

Hello,

I am Ramesh and I have met with an severe accident on 13-12-2010,, and my right leg is severely damaged at the time accident and it has become a permanent disability for me,,, so I need to know will I get a disability certificate,,, and also what is the procedure and the required documents to get the disability certificate from the Govt.

4 answers to this question

MANOJ B. PATEL

Dear member,

You will have to approach Dist. Rehabilitation Centre or Govt. Hospital which is authorized to issue medical certificate for driving competency. In Mumbai for orthopedically handicapped, it is done by AIIPMR, Haji Ali, who issue such certificates on fixed day with prior appointment & after detailed examination by doctors. Normally in other areas, the hospital authorized to issue railway concession certificate, issues such driving license medical certificates. You will have to also provide full length & passport photos & other documents for disability & residence. Such medical certificate will specify the special type of vehicle you can safely drive, like hand controlled 3 or 4 wheelers, etc

Prasad GLN

Please file Application to the concerned SPIO of Municipal Corporation and seek information through copy of laid down to the procedure for obtaining disability certificate. You can also file RTI Application seeking such information from NODAL SPIO of District Collector's Office as per Karnataka RTI rules and regulations.

• Super Moderator
karira

Instead of using RTI, it will be useful for you to do the following:

Let me google that for you

(Note: Have some patience....that page takes time to load)

Thread closed for further discussions, since not at all related to RTI and no need to use RTI to get this information which is already available in the public domain.