Need guidance on Filing RTI to find out Status and Balance of My EPF Account

hsupadrasta

Question

hsupadrasta

Hello,

I have a EPF account which is 6 years old. Recently i planned to transfer the account to my current EPF account. I tried to find out my balance in my account through the dormant account help desk. It is mentioned that My account is setteled but the querry is sumbitted to a feild officer. I havent got any replay for 10 days.

No i am planning to file a RTI to get these details:-

What is the status of my account?

If it is setteled what is the mode of settelement(transfered or Withdrawn)?

If Withdrawn what is the cheque number/transaction details of the transfer?

If it is transfered to which PF account it is transfered?

And any other details like application submitted to withdraw/transfer?

Please respected menbers let me know how to draft these questions. Also let me know if i have to ask any other questions.

Regards,

hari

15 answers to this question

MANOJ B. PATEL

Dear member, kindly do not raise any query/question in your RTI application but request the PIO to provide information as follow;

*Provide me status of my EPF account.

*Provide me information about mode of settlement.

*Provide me cheque number/transaction details if withdrawn.

*Provide me information about correspondence, application submitted for withdraw/transfer of EPF.

Moreover, for guidance in writing and submitting RTI Applications, please refer to following links.

HOW TO WRITE RTI APPLICATION.

CENTRAL/STATE RTI RULES- GUIDE.

HOW TO SUBMIT RTI APPLICATION.

RTI TIME SCHEDULE.

G.R.Vidyaranya

Your queries are OK. You can also ask for inspection of file in the office in which your a/c is maintained. If you do not stay in the same town then just file the RTI by post and wait for reply. Go through sample RTI available on the website for guidance.

MANOJ B. PATEL

In addition, if you want inspection, kindly mention in your RTI application to inform time, date and venue for inspection of records.

hsupadrasta

Respected Sir,

Thanks for your reply. I stay in a different city so inspection may be difficult. But i am going to file RTI on Saturday. I am going to ask the following:

*Provide me status of my EPF account.

*Provide me information about mode of settlement.

*Provide me cheque number/transaction details if withdrawn.

*Provide me information about correspondence, application submitted for withdraw/transfer of EPF.

Sir, Just out of curiosity why should we not raise questions?

Regards,

Hari

D.T.RATHAVA

dear member

as per RTI guide line applicant can not seeking questions and PIO not bound to reply ans.

Instead of asking question : "Who is the Collector of baroda ?" , seek information like this - Please inform me the name of present District Collector, baroda.

Prasad GLN

Also seek certified copies for such settlement in the files and invariably produce your photo identity with your application and seek names of officials involved in settlement and the particulars of Bank account from which PF cheque was encashed. (All cheques submitted by the bank for collection by customers must have a rubber stamp, as the cheques must be with PF bank, it is easy to find out as to who has encashed the amount)

hsupadrasta

Respected Sirs,

The letter address (RTI) should be directed to CPIO EPFO right? SHould i take names(like CPIO name etc)

in my case:

Central Public Information Officer

Employees’ Provident Fund Organization,

2nd and 3rd Floor, Pune Cantonment Board Building,

Near Golibar Maidan, Camp, Pune-411001 (Maharashtra).

And i am attaching 20 rs postal order for the RTI and photocopies.

Regards,

Hari

Prasad GLN

RTI Fees: Rs.10/- Indian Postal Order drawn in favour of Accounts Officer, EPF payable at PUNE.

There is no need to address in names and address on Envelope as CPIO is enough. Send the envelope by traditional registered post and track delivery status through indiapost and download the delivered status.

Please wait for 40 days from date of Registration and post response for further guidance.

Please wait for PIO response calling you for further RTI Fees through calculation sheet, and till then do not pay copying fees in advance.

koteswararaonerella

EPF (employes provident fund ) account is independent for each employee and the amount accrued can only be with drawn by the account holder and others cannot therefore take your cheque by settling your account. all these transactions will be known to your employer and PF office. district collector or any other officer will not come into picture. you need to ask your employer as to what is the status and since it is a private employment you cannot file RTI to private agencies. you can file only with the PF office.

hsupadrasta

Respected Sir,

Is it better to submit RTi online or in Off line mode?

i have planned to submit it offline tomorrow. if Online is as good as offline mode i will use the online version.

Regards,

Hari

Prasad GLN

The experts in the forum always advised for use of traditional post procedure (Regd post/Speed post) for RTI matters.

The delivery status can be tracked through indiapost portal and delivery date can be downloaded as print for your information.

hsupadrasta

Hello respected sirs,

i got a reply for my RTI aapplication. My PF account got transfered. I am a little confused on two things first: My old aaccnum looks like-PU/PUN/XXXXX/YYYY new one is like-PU/PUN/XXXXX/EXM/YYYY.

XXXXX and YYYY of both the accounts are the same.

second: i asked for certified copies for such settlement in the files.

The reply was Copy of annexure is enclosed. But there was no enclosure.

Now at least for the second part how can i prove that i did not get the annexure K enclosed.

Please guide me on how to proceed.

Prasad GLN

It may be a clerical error, if you have their phone numbers contact them or lodge grievance in their on lline portal or write a letter informing non receipt of such annexure.