Withdraw and reapply RTI application

Nikhil B

Question

Nikhil B

Hello,

I have filed an RTI application against a noncooperative party who had entered fradulaent behaviour with me. But as soon as the party received my RTI through PIO the third party had approached me for settlement, subject to withdraw the application asking me to rewrite an application as no information is now needed against them so that the account can be cleared, do i need to do so?, can i do it ? If so and if subsequently the party ditches me again , can i rewrite the rti again and proceed legally.

3 answers to this question

MANOJ B. PATEL

Dear member,

There is no any provision in RTI Act to withdraw the RTI application once you filed.

koteswararaonerella

ONCE RTI APPLICATION FILED it will end up either in the reply or non reply from PIO if he is not replying and keeping yourself silent without FA will amount to withdrawl from pursuation.You cannot withdraw it under any Rule.

Prasad GLN

May be that mediator is not aware that application is triggered, bullet is no more in pistol and beyond control, I remember that citizen can not withdraw as per one CIC decision (Do not ask me to quote, as I can not immediately recollect that decision)

When there is no such provision, and when the exercise is nullity, use ignorance of the other to your advantage and get a remedy suitable to you. But never give such letter unless the issue is solved to your satisfaction.

(The advice is tendered believing you that you were victim of a fraud)