Damaged road repaired with RTI weapon

shaikhstonevilla

Hi,

y

The road condition was very bad in our area. So I made a complain at 155303 (toll free number of AMC) reagding that.

After 2or 3 days, I received an Sms in my mobile indicating that your complain number xxx has been closed. I was very surprised as there is no any work done by AMC. I called the customer care again and asked them why my complain closed ? The customer care lady replied me that the responsible person who had closed your complain has made a remark that "Work done" ! I requested the lady to reopen my complain and it was again closed without taking any action. The same thing happened 4 times. Even I met AMC officer personally. He told me that the road repairing work will be done after the next budget.

I posted the question in our RTI forum about filing an RTI for damaged road and got reply from Manoj Patel and somebody JP 50 with some useful links.

I filed an RTI and surprisingly I got a call from RTI officer saying that come to the AMC office, we'll sort out your problems. Now road repairing work has been done by them.

Now I think that RTI is only the useful tool to get our work done from any government Department.

Shaikhstonevilla

Yes, you are exactly right sir. Now a days, in Himachal Pradesh RTI Act is fast turning into a weapon for government employees to settle professional scores.

• 3 weeks later...

YES RTI WORKS occasionally but in several cases they test your patience and you are lucky to get the work done.CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR SUCCESS

• 6 months later...