Procedure and query related rti

sahil_rti

Question

sahil_rti

I want to file rti in health department in haryana..so my query is

Q1. To whom i will ask rti .. PIO or SPIO

Q2. Can i demand document related to my questions and there ans.

Q3. Do i need to pay extra fee for demanding documents.

Q4. Postal order should be pasted to rti application or just insert it in enevelop.

Please ans my query . I have to file rti urgently. Thanks.

7 answers to this question

MANOJ B. PATEL
Prasad GLN

1.If the Public Authority (office) belongs to State Govt. SPIO (State Public Information Officer)and if it is Central Govt CPIO(Central Public Information Officer)

2.Yes. Every citizen is entitled for information in writing, inspection of records and documents as certified copies also. (Never use word demand but always say "request" " Provide")

3.You need not pay for just seeking documents, but has to pay charges for copying after SPIO gives a calculation sheet which is normally Rs.2/- per A4 size copy)

4.Postal order has to be enclosed to RTI Application by filling it up at Payees place and payable at place. For Central Govt. IPO should be payable to Accounts Officer,..............payable at place of CPIO.

State Govt may prescribe in whose favour IPO has to be filled in all their websites.

(As you wish to file RTI Application urgently search in website of Haryana State Health dept for more RTI information, as they might have prescribed a format and amount to be paid as RTI fee and the mode it has to be paid)

sahil_rti
1.If the Public Authority (office) belongs to State Govt. SPIO (State Public Information Officer)and if it is Central Govt CPIO(Central Public Information Officer)

2.Yes. Every citizen is entitled for information in writing, inspection of records and documents as certified copies also. (Never use word demand but always say "request" " Provide")

3.You need not pay for just seeking documents, but has to pay charges for copying after SPIO gives a calculation sheet which is normally Rs.2/- per A4 size copy)

4.Postal order has to be enclosed to RTI Application by filling it up at Payees place and payable at place. For Central Govt. IPO should be payable to Accounts Officer,..............payable at place of CPIO.

State Govt may prescribe in whose favour IPO has to be filled in all their websites.

(As you wish to file RTI Application urgently search in website of Haryana State Health dept for more RTI information, as they might have prescribed a format and amount to be paid as RTI fee and the mode it has to be paid)

I will be requesting some copy of document in rti. when i have to pay for that copy of document .. will they write to me for it or something else ?

Prasad GLN

Public information officer sends you a calculation sheet showing number of sheets/pages and charge per each page and postal charges if any, asking you to pay such charges through a mode required by them (Demand draft/postal order etc). After receiving such notice for payment of fees, you have to pay the fees as stated by PIO at the earliest. Either PIO will send the documents or you may call on him and collect.

You can also file application seeking information and certified copies, and select documents required by you, pay amount in prescribed mode and get those selected documents.

(Yes. He writes you to pay the amount required for such copies --They may not write some other things than you request. Something else.......I could not understand)

sahil_rti
Public information officer sends you a calculation sheet showing number of sheets/pages and charge per each page and postal charges if any, asking you to pay such charges through a mode required by them (Demand draft/postal order etc). After receiving such notice for payment of fees, you have to pay the fees as stated by PIO at the earliest. Either PIO will send the documents or you may call on him and collect.

You can also file application seeking information and certified copies, and select documents required by you, pay amount in prescribed mode and get those selected documents.

(Yes. He writes you to pay the amount required for such copies --They may not write some other things than you request. Something else.......I could not understand)

Thanks for info .. can we write application bilingual .. that is mixture of hindi and english ??

Prasad GLN

Yes. But PIO must understand as to exactly what you are asking. If you have any difficulty post what you exactly require, and members will provide you the format. Post only what you want from PIO and not other details.