obc reservation clarification

binay2226

Question

Hello,

sir, i belong from obc(non-creamy layer). on the account of this benefit i qualified ssc exam and i got inspctor in central excise (group B non-gazetted). but i married with a girl who belongs from general category i.e. brahmin. and she is also preparing for competitive exams. i want to know whether she can get the benefit of obc (non-creamy layer) or not. is there any provision of reservation in inter caste marriage ?

3 answers to this question

No, the child only inherits the caste of the father and hence you wife will not get obc status, irrespective of her husbands (your) caste.

The essence is you can not change her blood now. She continues to be a brahmin and not eligible to get the benefits available to BC. If it is permitted, most FC persons marry BC for getting reservation quota, affecting the interest of real BCs. As it is some reservations are there for women in certain states.

however both may be eligible for grant or incentive and for this you have to register the marriage first, produce the certificate to concerned social welfare dept., and then seek that incentive.