Odisha: HEAD CLERK ARRESTED BY VIGILANCE ON GRAFT CHARGE.

akhilesh yadav

akhilesh yadav

Cuttack,24/6(Odisha Samachar)- Today on 24.6.2015 Sri Pramod Kumar Mati, Head Clerk-cum-PIO,RTI, Office of the Dist. Education Officer, Nayagarh is arrested by Vigilance Officers of Bhubaneswar Vigilance Division for demanding and accepting bribe of Rs.1,500/- from the complainant Sri Prafulla Kumar Sahu, At/PO- Nandighar, PS-Odagaon, Dist-Nayagarh to furnish information under RTI Act on the application of the complt. Sri Prafulla Kumar Sahu . In this connection Bhubaneswar Vigilance P.S case No.23 dt. 23.6.2015 u/s. 7 P.C. Act 1988 has been registered. The complainant Sri Prafulla Kumar Sahu has alleged that he had applied for information under RTI Act-2005 before the Head-clerk-cum-PIO Sri Pramod Kumar Mati. On 22.6.15 when he requested Sri Mati for furnishing the required information under RTI Act, PIO Sri Mati demanded Rs.1,500/- from complt.

Read more at: HEAD CLERK ARRESTED BY VIGILANCE ON GRAFT CHARGE. | Odisha Samachar

MANOJ B. PATEL

Now what will happen in future? Most of the PIOs will start to demand " Chay Paani" from applicant who is in urgent need of information for his personal use.

G.R.Vidyaranya

Without sounding cynical, I would like to tell you that, in most of the RTI training camps for Govt. Officers, the most exchanged notes amongst participants is new and innovative ways of making money in their respective departments/cities.

• Super Moderator
karira

This just proves my point....which I have been repeating for the last 5 years:

Although the preamble of the RTI Act talks about "reduction in corruption", in reality, the RTI Act has contributed to an increase in corruption - at the Commission level, at the Commissioner level and now at the PIO level too. Everyone has found one new way of making money.

Prasad GLN

and also add jealousies that one department is earning more than others, and insiders pose as honest officers and assist RTI activists to file RTI Applications against those officials. Once a M. Commissioner lamented to me as to how internal disputes are bringing more headaches and eating away her precious time in Corporation, and she was transferred within 3 months.

• Tell a friend

Love RTI INDIA- Online RTI? Tell a friend!
  • Members

No members to show

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts